S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Happen to anyone!? Rubber Seals caught!?

Old 03-03-2011, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happen to anyone!? Rubber Seals caught!?

So this just happen to me, while doing my daily driving to work, And i always park in a public parking garage i rolled my window down got my ticket, so far so good i find parking WHOOT! and as i roll up my window it seems slower than usual, i look over to my left shoulder and see the the window getting caught with the rubber seal, around the window! the bottom frame, and i thought it was just that once so i tried rolling it down which was fine, and as i roll it back up it does the same thing! ive repeated it over and over and now it seems to be slight cut on the rubber, window was rubbing way to much! so now i cant roll up my window with the doors closed i have to roll it up then shut the door! is this easyu to fix? Went to a local dealership but they seemed like assholes that didnt care or didnt know anything about s2000 said that i would have to replace my whole top! but its only one rubber piece? any help please? ill be posting pics and a video soon!
Old 03-04-2011, 12:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this might be better answered in the "under the hood" subforum
Old 03-04-2011, 02:42 PM

When i roll up the windows after i rolled them down the rubber is indented and pulled up with the window which is casuing the tear

with the window down , doesnt seem like much but its wearing the rubber and tearing a little

Thats waht it looks like when the window is actually rolled up!~!!! please help!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

have you tried to pull it back to the orginal spot when window is up?
if it only happens when you roll up the window i would just rub some baby oil, lube it up!
sorry thats the only idea that i think will work D:
Old 03-04-2011, 08:41 PM

After i rolled it up it looks like the picture above, so i pull it back down its normal. but it does it every single time so i have to open my door and shut it when i roll it up -__-" getting annoying
Old 03-04-2011, 09:43 PM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

probably a second hand replacement part, or possibly look behind the seals, on soft top there is a metal plate that seals screw into, something like this... could be loose. Not to my knowledge a common problem, but have seen used soft tops parting out the seals and metal base plate quite often. Never really needed to investigate, so only what I've read. glw it.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:11 PM

shit good insight and feedback so the piece is replaceable?! dealer told me no but i dont really trust them
Old 03-04-2011, 11:24 PM
xoz

well replaceable second hand, chk this link to give you an idea..
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/828...rdtop-fit-kit/
so he had the rubbers for sale now sold, but if you look at the soft top the rubbers are removed. He use to have a pic of the sold soft top seals/ rubbers.

another is pm Davgoat he was parting out a wreck and I think I saw rubbers. Any part out or old soft top sale will help you out.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:59 PM

whats second hand mean?
Old 03-05-2011, 03:02 AM
xoz

Originally Posted by UHHSON
whats second hand mean?

serious? used, not brand new.

Quick Reply: Happen to anyone!? Rubber Seals caught!?