S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Distance between front OEM lip and ground on AP2

Old 03-05-2011, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Distance between front OEM lip and ground on AP2

I just installed a new AP2 front bumper and OEM front lip on my AP1 and installed Buddy Club coilovers at the same time The car is sitting about 4 inches from the ground to the front lip and I'm really concerned about bottom out on speed bumps and do not want to tare up the new lip. I like the lowered look but not worth it to tare up the lip. I had complete AP2 05 model OEM stock suspension on the car before installing the coilovers new bumper and lip.

What I need to know is someone with stock OEM suspension from 04-05 (maybe 06 up also) with front OEM lip the distance from ground to lip is? I rather see what someone else car sits instead of removing the coilovers and installing OEM suspension to find out. I might be going back to the stock suspension instead of raising the car more with the coilovers.
Any help is appreciated
THANKS
Old 03-05-2011, 04:55 PM

i dont know but why dont you just lower the car like a 1/2 inch from stock?? it will still look good. Your gunna scrape it eventually even at stock height unless your really carefull (garage queen)
Old 03-06-2011, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by davgoat
I just installed a new AP2 front bumper and OEM front lip on my AP1 and installed Buddy Club coilovers at the same time The car is sitting about 4 inches from the ground to the front lip and I'm really concerned about bottom out on speed bumps and do not want to tare up the new lip. I like the lowered look but not worth it to tare up the lip. I had complete AP2 05 model OEM stock suspension on the car before installing the coilovers new bumper and lip.

What I need to know is someone with stock OEM suspension from 04-05 (maybe 06 up also) with front OEM lip the distance from ground to lip is? I rather see what someone else car sits instead of removing the coilovers and installing OEM suspension to find out. I might be going back to the stock suspension instead of raising the car more with the coilovers.
Any help is appreciated
THANKS
My 04 with the stock lip measures 5" from the lip to ground.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by dsthez
i dont know but why dont you just lower the car like a 1/2 inch from stock?? it will still look good. Your gunna scrape it eventually even at stock height unless your really carefull (garage queen)

That the reason trying to find the distance and I only went I think 1 inch down now if I only go 1/2 not worth it for the coilovers I will just take them off and sell them and go back with the stock because I like the ride of the stock suspension anyway That amount a money for 1/2 inch drop not worth it to me.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by lftolen
My 04 with the stock lip measures 5" from the lip to ground.
Great Thanks for the info that what I needed to know
Old 03-06-2011, 10:01 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I would just reinstall the OEM setup. A drop on a street car is for looks only. On the track, 1/2" drop is the best for travel/ride height. Most then that and you lose the need travel, so you really need to increase the spring rates to go lower.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Stratocaster
I would just reinstall the OEM setup. A drop on a street car is for looks only. On the track, 1/2" drop is the best for travel/ride height. Most then that and you lose the need travel, so you really need to increase the spring rates to go lower.
Yes I think your right should have talked to you first at 5 inches it still going to be close on parking lot curbs so off with the new suspension on with the old.
THANKS Jeff