Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

OFFICIAL ALABAMA IRL 2011 PICTURE AND STORY THREAD

Old 04-10-2011, 06:15 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default OFFICIAL ALABAMA IRL 2011 PICTURE AND STORY THREAD

Here is the post for the picture and story thread. Add anything and everything for the Alabama IRL 2011.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:09 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got some really great pics of everyones cars with a high resolution camera. Ill be trying to give a link. My dad and I drove his audi a5 down so i didnt get to join the s2k fun but enjoyed looking at the different style s2ks.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh, and please tell me someone got pics of the 599 GTO that was up near the padlocks! I forgot If you dont know the details about it. Google it. Fastest road going Ferrari and maybe only like 3 in North America!!
Old 04-11-2011, 04:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an incredible time and hope to do it again next year. It's always good to join the montgomery/huntsville crew, and it was really nice to see some new faces.

BIG Props to Mark and Gary for putting all of this together and their hospitality. Another big ups to Samir for getting some beautiful shots of my car, I can't wait to get him to do a full shoot next time I'm in Huntsvegas.

It all hit me when we were all headed to the track for the race, but I truly hit the peak of my car/hobby on that trip when Samir was taking rolling shots all of us. It was awesome to see all of the people driving by and waving to us or giving us a thumbs up. Then the lap around the track was such an awesome experience.

I had one of the best weekends of my life, I wish I wouldve signed up for St. Pete and Indy.

--Ryan

(Black AP1 with the White Volks Se37k's)
Old 04-11-2011, 08:58 AM

Whew.....it was HOT!!!

It was great meeting some of you guys! A lot of nice cars out there representing. It was honor and a pleasure to be a part of this event. I got to parade Ryan Briscoe around in my car. He was headed towards a top 3 finish before he got taken out. I had someone to root for, but unfortunately Ryan Hunter-Rey had other plans for him.

I'm sure I will have a few pics/vids to post up this evening.

BTW.....I'm Ryan
Old 04-11-2011, 11:06 AM

Hi guys. I'm Derek (I met Ryan and Mark) and I enjoyed seeing S2000s representing at the track. It was my first time at Barber Motorsports Park and the whole place was super nice. I wish I had known about all of you meeting up there because I certainly would've brought mine along with a friend. Hopefully, I can join in next year. I'll be going to Road Atlanta this fall again for Petit LeMans if anyone else wants to meet up.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Nismofan
Hi guys. I'm Derek (I met Ryan and Mark) and I enjoyed seeing S2000s representing at the track. It was my first time at Barber Motorsports Park and the whole place was super nice. I wish I had known about all of you meeting up there because I certainly would've brought mine along with a friend. Hopefully, I can join in next year. I'll be going to Road Atlanta this fall again for Petit LeMans if anyone else wants to meet up.
Which guy were you again, sorry?
Old 04-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Community Organizer

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Had a great time up there meeting everyone and the whole racing scene. As soon as I go thru my 1000 pictures of the cars, race and parked ones I will try to post them soon. What a great weekend up there. Again many thanks Mark for all work on this great weekend. Later David
Old 04-11-2011, 02:39 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

It was great meeting new people and seeing the old folks again. Hopefully we can get another invite back next. Thanks to Mark and Gary for all the help making it all happen. I'll upload my pics in a bit and post a link.

Also, my boss got some great pictures from the just outside the pit lane of everyone rolling from the stage. I'll share them also.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:52 PM

I got there late and left early, but I saw some great s2ks. Good showing from you all! Maybe one day I'll be able to participate...

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL ALABAMA IRL 2011 PICTURE AND STORY THREAD