UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Help needed, - reprogramming my remote alarm fob!

Old 04-19-2011, 01:33 AM
PJD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help needed, - reprogramming my remote alarm fob!

I've followed the guide on here (IGN on, press the button, IGN off, IGN on, press the button.... - blah blah blah).

And nothing at all is happening. The locks are not cycling through to indicate that they've been reprogrammed.

I am assuming that the problem is that the alarm is actually going off whilst I am trying to re-program it.

I have lost my fob, so I am unable to switch the alarm off. - But I now have a replacement fob, so just need to reprogram it.

Surely someone must have been in this position before?

How do I reprogram a new fob when the alarm is still activated from the now lost alarm fob?

Any help greatly appreciated, - else i'll have to pay a dealer to sort it out...
Old 04-19-2011, 04:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PJD
I've followed the guide on here (IGN on, press the button, IGN off, IGN on, press the button.... - blah blah blah).

And nothing at all is happening. The locks are not cycling through to indicate that they've been reprogrammed.

I am assuming that the problem is that the alarm is actually going off whilst I am trying to re-program it.

I have lost my fob, so I am unable to switch the alarm off. - But I now have a replacement fob, so just need to reprogram it.

Surely someone must have been in this position before?

How do I reprogram a new fob when the alarm is still activated from the now lost alarm fob?

Any help greatly appreciated, - else i'll have to pay a dealer to sort it out...

Sorry - my experience only relates to reprogramming an additional fob.
Do persist. I think it took a fair few goes before mine "clicked".
Old 04-20-2011, 02:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi PJD, did you fit a new battery? The fob is about 10 years old, just never been used, so I expect the battery to be flat.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:42 AM
PJD

Cheers Maby - I'll keep trying...

Originally Posted by noizyboyz
Hi PJD, did you fit a new battery? The fob is about 10 years old, just never been used, so I expect the battery to be flat.

Hi mate, - no, haven't done that, but did suspect that I might need to... The light is coming on, so thought it might work... - I'll renew the battery and see what happens... - cheers
Old 04-20-2011, 08:22 AM

I got my battery off ebay for about £1 if that helps too. or i have some spares i can bung in the post tomorrow.