S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

RUNING ON E85

Old 05-06-2011, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RUNING ON E85

I know there are advantages running on E85 ethanol . colder fuel, knocking is virtually eliminated, price of it is similar or sometimes cheaper than regular 87 octane gas, performance wise, it is similar to 105-110 octane fuel, it is a green alternative for evironment issues...Non corrosive, wont eat rubber in hoses, better mileage and so on.. On carburator engine they say they have to increase overall flow by 30% on fuel system and run other type of plugs since it is subject to preignition more than normal gas...I was wandering what it would take to run on injection engine such as the f20-22c. I have stock injectors, stock everything.... ITB's and exhaust , tuning on AEM EMS II, got wideband monitor gauge to check for mixture... If anyone was already running this type of fuel/gas, i'd love to have the necessary informations to make me a E85 setup for mu f20c

To whoever will answer me, thank you in advance

Sorry for my english writting , I'm french from quebec.

André
Old 05-06-2011, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search. I know Gernby has a thread on this somewhere.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:17 PM

youll need a bigger fuel pump and a metal fuel filter not the tipical paper filter itll eat thru it.last i noticed i got worse gas milage,its 110 octane, itll run the car untuned but itll be funky and will hate cold starts,however if/when tuned runs well and like wow lolz.i would do it to my f20 if there were more e85 locally to me but for now i only run it in my race car.but these pumps are showing up more often!hope i could help some.

-JDM
Old 05-07-2011, 07:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i actually got my car running on e85 last night. i'm using the stock fuel system minus the injectors. i'm using injector dynamic 1000cc injectors. so far so good. i'll check the cold start in a bit.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:29 AM

Well my reasoning behind the inline metal fuel filter like a russel one or something is because its eats at the factory paper style.how does it feel? It'll be better tuned
Old 05-07-2011, 12:16 PM

my buddy installed the clips and injectors yesterday and then i dialed in the map with the new injectors. i got most of the map squared away on the way to the e85 station. we then got to the station. i was on 2 bars. i filled up 10 gallons of e85. i turned on the car and i let the car idle waiting for the e85 to mix in. the car started leaning out and i was adding fuel. i did some street tuning to get everything squared away with e85. i'm using the haltech platinum sport 1000. i'm trying to setup up the dual tables to run a seperate fuel/ignition timing table for the when it's running on the vtec lobe. once that's setup i'll be hitting the dyno.

here's a picture i took on my phone last night as i was pumping e85 lol

Old 05-07-2011, 07:14 PM

Yayyyy corn syrup I mean e85 hahaha yea man good stuff.how u liking it? It feeling any diff on your car? And what's your setup?

Also like I said watch out for your fuel filter that was my main problem when swtiching over my prelude.lmao buddy of mine at work just switched over he's only noticed his mpg go down like 2mpg which isn't bad esk side the car runs its nuts off now.downside he's on a stock computer right now till his neptune comes in then ill have my way with it.hehehe.its a b16 running 14.2;1 compression so I figure it runs right enough w. 550rc Injectors lolz
Old 05-08-2011, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Breaking Point
Yayyyy corn syrup I mean e85 hahaha yea man good stuff.how u liking it? It feeling any diff on your car? And what's your setup?

Also like I said watch out for your fuel filter that was my main problem when swtiching over my prelude.lmao buddy of mine at work just switched over he's only noticed his mpg go down like 2mpg which isn't bad esk side the car runs its nuts off now.downside he's on a stock computer right now till his neptune comes in then ill have my way with it.hehehe.its a b16 running 14.2;1 compression so I figure it runs right enough w. 550rc Injectors lolz
i'm running a hondata intake manifold gasket, and a plm header with test pipe. the 550's should be go for ~240 whp on e85 at stock fuel pressure. i tuned the part throttle portion of the map on the lean side to get better gas mileage. so far so good. i haven't gone through a full tank yet but i'll probably do that on my next fill up and reset trip a to see how many miles i can get out of a full tank.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:52 AM

wondering how far you could get an F20c with E85 on stock injectors/fuel pump?
Old 05-09-2011, 04:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would change the fuel filter just to be sure ...altought I'd like to know too if its possible to run E85 on stock injectore / fuel pump

Quick Reply: RUNING ON E85