Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

vin location on engine?

#1 User is offline   ForkYou 

  • Group: Guest
  • Posts: 56
  • Joined: 23-May 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Country: United States

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:07 PM

I'm trying to locate the vin number on my engine and I'm having a hard time locating it ...

Can someone please tell me where it is .

Thanks

#2 User is offline   Stratocaster 

  • Rick's Accessories
  • View gallery
  • Group: Vendor - Starter Primary
  • Posts: 11,239
  • Joined: 17-December 01
  • Gender:Male
  • Country: United States

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:11 PM

it is NOT on the Block. The block has a serial number that does not match the VIN. The head has a VIN on the very back side, next to the firewall. You will be hard pressed to see it without pulling the head out of the car.
Want to send me a PM? Send me an e-mail instead. Click here to Email
Posted ImagePosted Image
FS: List of my FS Threads

#3 User is offline   Billman250 

  • Mod/Sponsor

  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 18,712
  • Joined: 30-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, New York
  • Country: United States
  • Interests:S2000 Service, Repair, modifications, LIFETIME TCTs

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:28 PM

VIN location is on the green plate on the cyl head. note other things in the pic...upper starter bolt sitting in hole, infamous ground wire on back of cyl head, main oil gallery plug, rear main seal.

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Stratocaster 

  • Rick's Accessories
  • View gallery
  • Group: Vendor - Starter Primary
  • Posts: 11,239
  • Joined: 17-December 01
  • Gender:Male
  • Country: United States

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

Great picture Bill.

Here is a current thread on the same topic.

http://www.s2ki.com/...n-stickers-are/

#5 User is offline   SpitfireS 

  • Group: Guest
  • Posts: 4,794
  • Joined: 22-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:17 ft below sea level.
  • Country: Netherlands

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:43 AM

The VIN plate on the head is a US thing only?
AP1: Turn in, DO NOT LIFT and hope it sticks.
Finally found a set of the AD08R's: They are AWESOME!
Amazing grip, sharp turn-in (even under braking and during trail braking) and as-on-rails straight line stability up to 237km/h.

#6 User is offline   Stratocaster 

  • Rick's Accessories
  • View gallery
  • Group: Vendor - Starter Primary
  • Posts: 11,239
  • Joined: 17-December 01
  • Gender:Male
  • Country: United States

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:33 AM

View PostSpitfireS, on 20 July 2011 - 12:43 AM, said:

The VIN plate on the head is a US thing only?

It must be based on your post in the other thread.

#7 User is offline   ForkYou 

  • Topic Starter
  • Group: Guest
  • Posts: 56
  • Joined: 23-May 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Country: United States

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:05 AM

How much would it cost to pull the head off and just get the vin number ? A Rough estimat? Or billman how much for you to just et me my vin numbers ?

I need the vin numbers to confirm some improtant information.

P.S. = thanks for all the info guys!

#8 User is offline   Billman250 

  • Mod/Sponsor

  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 18,712
  • Joined: 30-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, New York
  • Country: United States
  • Interests:S2000 Service, Repair, modifications, LIFETIME TCTs

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:27 AM

That would be a real bad idea to pull the head.

Just use a dental mirror and get your VIN.

AP1 will start with JHMAP1

AP2 will start with JHMAP2

If you came to me no charge of course to read the numbers.

The trans has a VIN also that matches the car VIN. it is on the right side of the trans, under the car.

#9 User is offline   HondaRehab 

  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 1,197
  • Joined: 09-February 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Country: United States

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:06 PM

You'd be crazy to pull the head to get the vin. You think your motoro is stolen or something?

#10 User is offline   f20kills 

  • View gallery
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 4,149
  • Joined: 09-June 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mom!!! The Meatloaf!!
  • Country: United States

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:13 PM

My 02 had a sticker on the front block with the VIN IIRC. Next to the crank pully...I could be wrong as that block is long gone lol
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Stratocaster 

  • Rick's Accessories
  • View gallery
  • Group: Vendor - Starter Primary
  • Posts: 11,239
  • Joined: 17-December 01
  • Gender:Male
  • Country: United States

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

View Postf20kills, on 20 July 2011 - 08:13 PM, said:

My 02 had a sticker in the front block with the VIN IIRC. Next to the crank pully...I could be wrong as that block is long gone lol

You know I think I remember that on mine as well. There was a bar code on it. In fact I think I still have that timing chain cover in storage. I completely forgot about that one.

#12 User is offline   traxtar614 

  • Group: Guest
  • Posts: 20
  • Joined: 19-June 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Country: United States

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:26 PM

View PostForkYou, on 19 July 2011 - 01:07 PM, said:

I'm trying to locate the vin number on my engine and I'm having a hard time locating it ...

Can someone please tell me where it is .

Thanks



I had the same question a few weeks back. If you want to verify the block, look for the engine serial on the block right above the intake header (if you'e looking at the engine bay head on, its on you right, drivers side, probably easiest to stand over your driver side front wheel well and look) you SHOULD see a engraved serial number. unfortunatly this number has no correlation with the VIN, but if you have the originaly windown sticker of the car, it should match up with the engine serial number listed on the upper right hand corner of the window sticker. Hope that helps.

#13 User is offline   Billman250 

  • Mod/Sponsor

  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 18,712
  • Joined: 30-July 02
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, New York
  • Country: United States
  • Interests:S2000 Service, Repair, modifications, LIFETIME TCTs

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:07 PM

Front white sticker on timing cover, and stamp on left front of block show the same number...engine number. Will not show VIN.

#14 User is offline   abroke1 

  • View gallery
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 222
  • Joined: 16-January 13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:mid west
  • Country: United States

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:54 PM

View PostStratocaster, on 19 July 2011 - 01:11 PM, said:

it is NOT on the Block. The block has a serial number that does not match the VIN. The head has a VIN on the very back side, next to the firewall. You will be hard pressed to see it without pulling the head out of the car.





DANG...well buying from original owner guess it is okay
Thanks
.................................Abroke1

#15 User is offline   abroke1 

  • View gallery
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 222
  • Joined: 16-January 13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:mid west
  • Country: United States

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:56 PM

View Posttraxtar614, on 04 August 2011 - 01:26 PM, said:

View PostForkYou, on 19 July 2011 - 01:07 PM, said:

I'm trying to locate the vin number on my engine and I'm having a hard time locating it ...

Can someone please tell me where it is .

Thanks



I had the same question a few weeks back. If you want to verify the block, look for the engine serial on the block right above the intake header (if you'e looking at the engine bay head on, its on you right, drivers side, probably easiest to stand over your driver side front wheel well and look) you SHOULD see a engraved serial number. unfortunatly this number has no correlation with the VIN, but if you have the originaly windown sticker of the car, it should match up with the engine serial number listed on the upper right hand corner of the window sticker. Hope that helps.


#16 User is offline   abroke1 

  • View gallery
  • Group: Member
  • Posts: 222
  • Joined: 16-January 13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:mid west
  • Country: United States

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:58 PM

View Postabroke1, on 08 November 2014 - 08:56 PM, said:

View Posttraxtar614, on 04 August 2011 - 01:26 PM, said:

View PostForkYou, on 19 July 2011 - 01:07 PM, said:

I'm trying to locate the vin number on my engine and I'm having a hard time locating it ...

Can someone please tell me where it is .

Thanks



I had the same question a few weeks back. If you want to verify the block, look for the engine serial on the block right above the intake header (if you'e looking at the engine bay head on, its on you right, drivers side, probably easiest to stand over your driver side front wheel well and look) you SHOULD see a engraved serial number. unfortunatly this number has no correlation with the VIN, but if you have the originaly windown sticker of the car, it should match up with the engine serial number listed on the upper right hand corner of the window sticker. Hope that helps.



Well it is original owner...hopefully he still has the window sticker but I guess that won't be a deal breaker.
Thank you

Ads by Google   S2KI

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users