The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

chasing squiggly lines on a map for the 4th vids and pics

Old 07-31-2011, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chasing squiggly lines on a map for the 4th vids and pics

My plan was simple, check out the map of so cal and try to hit all the interesting looking roads between me and san luis obispo that I could fit into one day.

this is what that plan looked like 640 miles roundtrip

7am rolling out of rancho cucamonga with clear skies

stopped in south bfe to check my route again and reveled in the road wear

Stop 1 Bouquet Road - pretty nice road fun 1 lane each way lots of scenery no suprises

here's that vid

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1WUM_cr6pg[/media]

At the t with Lake Elzibabeth Road checking out the beautiful farmland

next up was San Francisquito Road south - pretty chill road again beautiful scenery (oops vtec + lift = dorifuto)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-lLKq2R32w[/media]

on to the next post

next up was lake hughes road - ok now we are talking, awesome road no traffic great scenery

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C3PD0ZkUS8[/media]

A little while west there was pine canyon road - this road was somewhat sketchy in parts with no real lane seperator and switchback but awesome view, fun to drive - getting warm here and be rolling for 5 hours top down with fair skin.

looking east toward palmdale you can see the California aqueduct

this house is the only one for like 70 miles I think and sits right across from Quail lake

At this point I am heading into Frazier Park and I can't help but thinking about switzerland here

And this brings us to Mt Potero Road - if you love driving this is your heaven - from the forests to the desert turns turns turns and more turns epic is the right word

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkcOF79i4WI[/img]

no joke turns galore

this was crazy I came around the corner and there was this giant complex of black rock that look like it was exploding out of the ground, in the river below fresh honey mmmmm.

When I passed this I half expected to see lions attacking some zebras or something

Finally stopped for a break on the pier at Port San Luis where I had lunch at the resteraunt there - my view of the bay from my table

when I came out there was a vette parked next to me and it seemed like these seagulls were into a conversation about which one to shit on

For those that don't know you can see seals under the pier almost anytime during the day this one growled at me like a guard dog

I manged to sneak though and was greater with none to happy pups

if you ever wondered if there was any truth to that movie "the Birds" all I can say is this is probably where they live

Theres a free beach north of Santa Barbara where you'll see cars parked near the railroad tracks this is what your looking for you can't see the beach from here - cool place to chill

wild animals may look the same but don't risk your fingers to find out

2hp in ojai

by this time I was heading up the 33 north here you can see my go pro setup

Just endless view - here you can get some idea of the san andreas fault line

here's that video - just again epic thought it was actually over and ran into more later

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuiAOsDlgEg[/media]
Old 07-31-2011, 09:45 PM

several points of the 33 were washed out a bit - while this wasnt very deep it was solid mud, more on that in a sec

yawn getting tire of the epic view lol

I found out that I only know one verse of home on the range which I sung at the top of my lungs for like 20 minutes, pretty happy,tired,inspired I guess at this point.

this flag is litterally able to be used to cover most peoples home it was so large - he flys this everyday I bet not just on holidays

At this point it felt like the sun had been setting for the last hour and a half since I left Ojai but I guess this made it official

It's not just any convertible much less car that makes me feel like I could just reach out and touch the scenery

About that mud lol

The plan was to take the 2 from palmdale into Wrightwood since it just opened all the way but the endless fireworks displays on every block in the valley was insane and I had to hang around and ended up taking Ft Tejon Road in Wrightwood.

Maybe not such a great idea - the road is pitch black, many many switch backs and the road was really wet a little further on with alot of debris from the pine trees making two lanes look like 1/2 of one plus the clouds looked like something you'd imagine hell might look like with san benadino's light pollution lighting it like it was on fire.

Anyway it was a great day and I can't wait to head south on another tweaker mission soon lol
Old 08-01-2011, 04:29 AM
Gold Member

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

some great scenery! looked like alot of fun
Old 08-01-2011, 07:06 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

wow that looks like an awesome route! Now that you've been through that route, are there parts that youd like to leave out? I may have to do this some day!
Old 08-01-2011, 08:55 AM

It was like the perfect song building to a crescendo so I honestly can't say i would have changed that trip - of course I could have just driven to Frazier park off the 5 at Gorman and drove up and down mt portero road all day as a separate trip. Though I am already planning on heading farther north to the 58 and places like los gatos road and arroyo seco road
Old 08-01-2011, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

epic
Old 08-03-2011, 09:41 AM

the most epic thing really was the day before me and 3 other s2000's got stopped on azusa canyon road for "tailgating each other" as a warning to not go any further because we must be racing up there on a 1 lane road with a bunch of newbs following me - lol.

And for this entire trip I saw literally none of that except in gorman and they were just looking for drunks
Old 08-03-2011, 11:54 AM

Nice road trip. How long did that take you?

Quick Reply: chasing squiggly lines on a map for the 4th vids and pics