S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Worst Mod You Ever Bought?

Old 08-12-2011, 08:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CR wing by far. It's gone now and a different stock trunk is in its place, but its all scratched up and needs polishing. I learned from my previous car, the wing, and painting my wheels(chipping) do it right the first time.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:00 AM

Wow, lots of interesting mods that I as looking into(especially the mishimoto radiator). Guess I'll be looking at a Koyo in the future when my stock one goes out. Also stay away from Blackwerks radiators(a buddy of mine bought it when his stock one broke and had to jb weld one of the welds cause of such a crappy welding job).

My mistake was going with the koni yellow/eibach springs setup. it was great for my sentra but subpar for an S. Went full coilovers and never looked back.

another one was the 1.3 bar mugen radiator cap and j's transmission magnetic drain bolt. The radiator cap made it worse for a stock radiator because it lets more pressure build up(which is a serious no no, the stock cap was designed to go with a stock radiator for a reason) and the trasmission drain bolt did nothing(ap2 synchros are carbon coated) and was a danger(the magnet sticks out a bit so and read numerous threads how the magnet would break off and cause some serious transmission failure).

The tanabe medallion concept G was fun at first but too mundane and droned like a mutha'...Would always have a headache after driving my car. Then I got screwed from the same friend I bought it off of a few months earlier. The cheap bastard!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Worst mod I ever bought were Skunk2 springs. Glad I upgraded to PSS9's
Old 08-12-2011, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my s2k is completely stock and the only mod i plan to do is better tires...

now when i was 18 and had the rsx...i bought a cheap ebay intake. hated it. terrible fitment and it looked cheap. replaced it with an injen cai 6 months later.

learned my lesson on that car and that's why my s2k is stock.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A non-stock exhaust sucks. I am back to OEM and couldn't be happier.

Replica body parts are the worst, hands down. I have OEM panels and will never have anything else.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by s2cho
I'll start, my worst mod that I have bought my s2000 is my tein springs. The springs are suppose to drop around 1.5 inches but it doesn't even look like a inch. The height looks stock. But the ride quality is sub par to stock. So its not too bad. Total cost was around 280 with install. So my advice is don't get tein springs. But if your getting springs I recommend sunk2.

Whats your mod that you most regret buying? Give heads up to other s2k owners!!!
Did you preload the suspension when installing them?

So far my worse mod was an Ebay catback exhaust. I tried it out when I got my S because nobody had a review yet, and that was a mistake. It hung crooked, had crappy looking welds, and the drone was horrible and gave me a headache after 10 minutes on the highway. It was so nice going back to the stock exhaust. Also it said it was a 2.5" (63mm) and I measured it and it was only 60mm, so that sucked too.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:00 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bumhunta
Originally Posted by MBHs2k' timestamp='1313134066' post='20871040
hmmm my worst mod was probably my gold RPF1's/ Made me realize that those rims are plain ugly and played out. Got my se37ks and couldn't be more satisfied.
how come you still have them as your avatar then haha
Good point lol i just havent made a new avatar with my current set up and the picture now isnt too bad
Old 08-12-2011, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I learned my lesson from other cars that I have owned in the past.

I swapped Integra engines into Civics, installed aftermarket fuel pumps, 8" tachs, wheels, GSR seats, etc, ITR cams

It was all a giant waste of money and time, lesson learned. I never had a mod that I was thrilled with a year later, something always breaks or annoys the hell out of me.

No more mods for me unless it is very minor like a head unit or a shift knobs.

My Ap1 is 100% stock and will stay that way for the most part. Only thing that will be changed is the tires to star specs.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:41 AM

Eye lashs for my eyelids and red dayglow painted wheels. Made my car look like a whore.
Kidding of course and besides I would never be able to sell a car that looked like this. I'd be arrested for pimping.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by suzuka-blue-s2k
Originally Posted by s2cho' timestamp='1313113181' post='20870512
I'll start, my worst mod that I have bought my s2000 is my tein springs. The springs are suppose to drop around 1.5 inches but it doesn't even look like a inch. The height looks stock. But the ride quality is sub par to stock. So its not too bad. Total cost was around 280 with install. So my advice is don't get tein springs. But if your getting springs I recommend sunk2.

Whats your mod that you most regret buying? Give heads up to other s2k owners!!!
Did you preload the suspension when installing them?

So far my worse mod was an Ebay catback exhaust. I tried it out when I got my S because nobody had a review yet, and that was a mistake. It hung crooked, had crappy looking welds, and the drone was horrible and gave me a headache after 10 minutes on the highway. It was so nice going back to the stock exhaust. Also it said it was a 2.5" (63mm) and I measured it and it was only 60mm, so that sucked too.

yep, preloaded and then put the top back on. to me it didnt drop that much at all. springs=waste, going coils in a bit!

Quick Reply: Worst Mod You Ever Bought?