S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Worst Mod You Ever Bought?

Old 08-12-2011, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

worst mod here probably had to be the invidia n1 single
Old 08-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

My old Spugen dual exhaust. Drone and rasp were horrible with a test pipe!
Also some ebay hood dampers. Complete crap. Raised the hood a little more than half the stock height lol.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:43 PM

Megan exhaust. I picked it up dirt cheap used just for fun though. Went back to my spoon single less than 24 hours later. That exhaust is pure bliss. Now on a Berk 3 inch and haven't looked back but the Spoon isn't getting sold.

Other crappy mod was a axial flow short shifter. OEM with a voodoo knob is the best combo I've ever tried.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by UC Gordon
Sometimes I regret all of them, lol, the S2000 stock is a great car, with nothing to worry about.

For example:
-I have purchased 5 exhausts, currently using 70mm ASM Single and thinking about going back to stock, there is no such thing as an aftermarket exhaust with no
Fujitsubo!
Old 08-12-2011, 06:06 PM

Received 171 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by KoketsuCivicSi
Tein hood dampers.
It was on my S for about 15 minutes, end up giving it away.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Wiggum
Originally Posted by UC Gordon' timestamp='1313167622' post='20872149
Sometimes I regret all of them, lol, the S2000 stock is a great car, with nothing to worry about.

For example:
-I have purchased 5 exhausts, currently using 70mm ASM Single and thinking about going back to stock, there is no such thing as an aftermarket exhaust with no
Fujitsubo!
I wont believe it until I hear it Everyone said that the 70mm ASM had no drone.......
Old 08-13-2011, 05:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1
rev hard turbo kit and mishimoto radiator. I have had to replace everything on the kit minus the intercooler piping (which I had to modify to fit) and the intercooler. everything else was crap to begin with and was replaced or broke and was replaced with something better. and the mishimoto because it is just plain crap (they have amazing customer service though- as much as i do not like their quality I have nothing but good things to say about the companies customer service policies) my first one blew three holes in various welds across the radiator, my second one came with defective radiator cap and smells of coolant constantly (no leaks for a year and a half) but everytime I drive it smells like coolant (I think it is the nipple thing for the overflow tank)

Originally Posted by KoketsuCivicSi' timestamp='1313139739' post='20871120
Tein hood dampers.
I love my tein hood dampers
well hopefully I don't run into the same problems as I have a mishimoto radiator for the civic and s2000. So far I love everything they sell from thermostats, fan switches, radiators, and hoses. And a leaky overflow tank nipple has nothing to do with the radiator. Air in the system would cause it to build up and leak out, but that's pretty much it.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:04 AM

Wow good stuff... I regreted puting 18'' wheels on my first s2k, ate up mpg bad (no biggy) but also sucked up soo much tq from the little f20. 17'' is just right. I also regret puting tein H techs on my last s2k, although i loved them for their huge drop and comfy ride, i feel like i ruined the natural geometry of the oem susp, would def do coil overs next time. As for other cars the list is too long but a few would be no "generic" or ebay parts period... Weapon R intake on my Acura CL-S sounded like a 260hp Orek vacume cleaner. Some others would be doing a custom exhaust on my nissan sentra SER Spec V. Never heard anything so ricy in my life, eventually switched to a Nismo, way better.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Invidia exhaust. Sounded great when you stomped on it, but droned LOUD at all other times.

I'm happy it got destroyed when I was rear-ended in my old S, and got a "refund" for it to get something else.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I regret my shift knob, wont say which one. Also regret my AEM v2 intake. Had to cut that hole, and when I do brake ducting it will be in the way. The hole wasnt a big factor for me, but not being able to run brake ducting is huge.

Quick Reply: Worst Mod You Ever Bought?