S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Worst Mod You Ever Bought?

Old 08-13-2011, 11:06 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by FluKy15
I regret my shift knob, wont say which one. Also regret my AEM v2 intake. Had to cut that hole, and when I do brake ducting it will be in the way. The hole wasnt a big factor for me, but not being able to run brake ducting is huge.
why wont you tell us which knob??
Old 08-13-2011, 01:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lots of bad mods.
Spoon calipers sucked. Sold and went back to stock with stainless lines. stops better than ever now

Plm header. Cheap crap with no gains other than weight loss.

Aem Cai. No gains only louder sounds

Lite spec exhaust. Awesome sound but required ear plugs for daily driving. titanium exhausts are extremely fragile. Not strong enough for daily street use. If you aint trackin buy stainless steel.

Spoon torque dampner with puddmod bracket. Absolutely did nothing and the puddy mod bracket broke my fuse box bracket off.

Anything password jdm. All there shit is chinese crap. carbon plug cover looked like a child made the mold had to grind to fit, all four rotors came out of round required turning finish lasted about 3 weeks. Do Not Waste Your Money On Password JDM junk

Apr carbon front splitter. Looks okay but extremely fragile

I removed about 8k worth of stuff and sold it all for around 4k and built a custom turbo kit. Best mod i've ever done. The only thing these cars really need is more POWER.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:10 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

s4play faux diffuser. Looks ok but it's the worst value-for-money mod I have. Embarrassed to say what I paid for this flimsy piece of plastic.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UC Gordon
Originally Posted by Wiggum' timestamp='1313195542' post='20873686
[quote name='UC Gordon' timestamp='1313167622' post='20872149']
Sometimes I regret all of them, lol, the S2000 stock is a great car, with nothing to worry about.

For example:
-I have purchased 5 exhausts, currently using 70mm ASM Single and thinking about going back to stock, there is no such thing as an aftermarket exhaust with no
Fujitsubo!
I wont believe it until I hear it Everyone said that the 70mm ASM had no drone.......
[/quote]

http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/prods/det...03876/00001071

Has DB information... this is specific as it gets IMO...
Old 08-13-2011, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1
rev hard turbo kit and mishimoto radiator. I have had to replace everything on the kit minus the intercooler piping (which I had to modify to fit) and the intercooler. everything else was crap to begin with and was replaced or broke and was replaced with something better. and the mishimoto because it is just plain crap (they have amazing customer service though- as much as i do not like their quality I have nothing but good things to say about the companies customer service policies) my first one blew three holes in various welds across the radiator, my second one came with defective radiator cap and smells of coolant constantly (no leaks for a year and a half) but everytime I drive it smells like coolant (I think it is the nipple thing for the overflow tank)

Originally Posted by KoketsuCivicSi' timestamp='1313139739' post='20871120
Tein hood dampers.
I love my tein hood dampers

it's too bad you had such a bad experience with your mishimoto radiator. i've had mine for 2 years now.. not a single problem.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mark355
s4play faux diffuser. Looks ok but it's the worst value-for-money mod I have. Embarrassed to say what I paid for this flimsy piece of plastic.
This made me LOL...
Old 08-13-2011, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by ans2k
Hum. I regret my tornado, my carbon fiber intake snorkel, my k&n drop in filter, my 63 mm test pipe, hondata reflash (should have waited for the flashpro), my ap2 v3 wheels, led shift knob, act clutch package( should have gotten the oem disc instead of the act, 0 clutch buzz), and a a/c delete belt (I have just use it once).
you should tell us WHY you thought these were bad modifications. otherwise your post is totally worthless.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by greenbean57
I second the K&N drop in filter. Yeah it's re-useable blah blah. But it was pretty much identical to my stock one IMO. wooooshhh.. there goes 50 bucks
did you get the car tuned with the new filter??
Old 08-13-2011, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rubn1out4GudLuk
Wow, lots of interesting mods that I as looking into(especially the mishimoto radiator). Guess I'll be looking at a Koyo in the future when my stock one goes out. Also stay away from Blackwerks radiators(a buddy of mine bought it when his stock one broke and had to jb weld one of the welds cause of such a crappy welding job).
Thats me! My radiator cracked up top on the plastic and i bought a supposedly amazing black works radiator. Its been in for a year and has sprung two leaks on the welds.

I ran my stock radiator for over 30 minuet session at the track when it was 112 degrees outside and no overheating. I bought the black works only because it was cheaper than stock.

Advice: Don’t buy and aftermarket radiator. Stock keeps up well and you don’t have all the damn problems!!!! Plus the aftermarket ones hold way more fluid so theyre heavier!!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 08:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AP1 painted ebay trunk spoiler. Paint didn't match and it will not flush. luckily two months later my cousin payback a favor with an OEM AP1 spoiler. The paint matched and it fushed perfect. In the past I have bought things out of ebay with good results...

Quick Reply: Worst Mod You Ever Bought?