S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Another end..

Old 08-31-2011, 04:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another end..

Yesterday I was on my way to school to turn in my financial aid information. I decided to take the longer route because the weather was so amazing, I also put the top down. I went onto the on ramp and took it fast, but not faster then normal. I heard my tires squeal and I felt them give away... I didn't let go of the gas trying to correct it, but I didn't manage to. I saw myself going up the hill but I thought I was just going to go up and stop, with minimal damage..Well wrong.

The car hit a dip that was in the hill, pushed the core support, fans, and radiator back and flipped longwise (horizonally). I turned the car of immediately and tried to reach for my phone to call the cops. I dropped my phone so I unhooked my seatbelt, opened the door and tried to dig myself out. I was top down so I was trapped in the sand, but a school cop came and started to dig me out. I'm so thankful to be alive. The windsheild was dug into the sand. The car was flat.

They were all surprised to know I walked out with no injuries. I've had the car for 3 months and only put 5,000 miles on it. It was my dream car and color combo. I went to Texas to get it..But I suppose it wasn't meant to be. I'll get another one in a few years. Being 18 and a female, my parent's are wanting me to get back into it right away.. So if it get's totaled, I'll pay it off and get a CR-Z or something. If it isn't totaled, we will get it fixed and go from there.

This is how it landed...

When the tow truck came..

Like I said, I'm lucky. I'll get more pictures later on in the day.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:02 AM

WOW! omg. at first i thought it was a bs story because it sounded made up. but then i saw the pics and Thank goodness you didnt get any injuries!
Old 08-31-2011, 05:04 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to hear you're OK. The S doesn't look as bad as I thought, at least on the drivers side in the right side up pic.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:06 AM

The driver side is good.. except the rear quarter panel. The passenger side isn't due to the tow truck having to roll it on it's side to get it on all 4..

:'(
Old 08-31-2011, 05:08 AM

Out of curiosity, what tires did you have? Those look like the OEM Potenza S02s. Am I right? Any idea how fast you were going when the rear broke loose?
Old 08-31-2011, 05:11 AM

Glad you are OK. You can always get another car, really!
Not really sure why the accisent happened. Was it driver or mechanical failure?

-jazzman
Old 08-31-2011, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by TrumpetTitan
Out of curiosity, what tires did you have? Those look like the OEM Potenza S02s. Am I right? Any idea how fast you were going when the rear broke loose?
They are Hankook Radial K106 , I know not the best, but the car came with them.. Like I said, they handled me going faster in that turn. But weight transfer could of screwed me. I was in third around 4grand. Couldnt of been more then 50.

Originally Posted by Jazzman
Glad you are OK. You can always get another car, really!
Not really sure why the accisent happened. Was it driver or mechanical failure?

-jazzman
Yes, I could. But not soon.. It was driver failure. I couldn't correct it.

I took some more pictures just now of how the car sits...

Old 08-31-2011, 05:40 AM

Fortunately, several internal parts of the car are probably still in great shape with only 5K miles. If insurance declares it a total loss, you could part it out. I love the white cylinder head. F20Cs are an endangered species now. You could probably sell the diff, tranny, and seats for some good $.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:57 AM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Wow, that is a crazy crash - glad you are okay. Unfortunately a crushed window frame means the car will be totaled, but you have tons of parts on there you can likely sell - car has minimal damage except for the window frame.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:22 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

totalled. If you buy it from the insurance company you can sell parts and make more than you buy it back for more than likly. Sux that it happened, glad your OK

Quick Reply: Another end..