S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Which flashpro calibration to start with?

Old 09-16-2011, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which flashpro calibration to start with?

Hey all! I just ordered my flashpro! It's my second modification, my first was an apexi GT spec catback. Which brings me to my question. Which calibration should I use until I get my test pipe? (and shutoff the secondary O2 sensor). I know after that and maybe a quality header I should get it E-tuned right? Thanks for your help guys.

Mike
Old 09-17-2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by JonBlaze682001
Hey all! I just ordered my flashpro! It's my second modification, my first was an apexi GT spec catback. Which brings me to my question. Which calibration should I use until I get my test pipe? (and shutoff the secondary O2 sensor). I know after that and maybe a quality header I should get it E-tuned right? Thanks for your help guys.

Mike
I'd go with the 06+ tuned to start with. Run some logs and see how your AFRs look.

If your looking for an e-tune, there are a few tuners out there. I got mine done by e-tunez. I'm very happy with the results.

You'll notice a big improvement with the FlashPro and the 06+ tuned set-up. Getting a good e-tune, you'll notice another big improvement in driveability.

Hope it helps, & if you want any info on e-tunez.....let me know.

-Red
Old 09-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

If you have the stock catalytic converter, then the stock tuned calibration is the only good choice. You really need a test pipe or HFC to get much better.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by JonBlaze682001

Mike
Mike,

First off, congratulations! You should stick to the closes to stock calibration. After changing any intake or header, it is recommended you not only get tuned for air fuel ratio but also for proper vtec point setting. I can provide those things as a sponsor of this forum for $125 since you have your flash pro. Once again, congrats
Old 09-18-2011, 07:45 AM

Thanks for all the replies. Im going to start off with your suggestions and then add a few more mods then get a tune.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:26 AM

I did stock tuned. Ran stupid rich! So my friend and I pulled some fuel and its ok. I just have a cat back.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:10 AM

Hey guys just another question. I'm having trouble installing windows on my Mac. Can I load the stock tuned calibration without hooking up flash pro to my computer first?
Old 09-24-2011, 09:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, you need to load the calibration to the flashpro. well, actually, you need to lock the flashpro to the car first.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:39 PM

when i first put my flashpro i was running rich my self i send one of my logs to a tuner and he did a small tune to it and i notice a lil diffrence know that i got testpipe exhuast and intake ima get a full tune.
there is also another website called flashprotunning.com
there is a couple of tuners there. that can help.
hopefully ill have my complete etune tune done by the end of this week im excited..
and congrats..
PERFECT MOD I THINK..
FLASHPRO
Old 11-13-2011, 10:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gernby
If you have the stock catalytic converter, then the stock tuned calibration is the only good choice. You really need a test pipe or HFC to get much better.
Thought I would ask here instead of starting a new topic. I just got Flashpro recently and have MUCH to learn about it. Right now I only have a K&N intake and HFC with stock exhaust. I tried the Toda calibration and it felt much improved over stock, even though I'm sure there's a lot of room for tweaking considering I don't have an aftermarket header. My question is, until I start to learn to tune with the flashpro or get an etune, am I at high risk of engine damage with my set up and this calibration? I think if anything the car might run too rich? Thanks for any input. I'd like to keep using that for the time being until I have more free time to play with the tune.

Quick Reply: Which flashpro calibration to start with?