Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Supra Crash at H20i.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supra Crash at H20i.

As some of you may or may not have heard at H20i (VW/Audi carshow in Ocean City, MD) last night a Supra driven by Aj Nieves lost control and took out part of a condo. The roof had to be cut off because he apparently could not feel his legs. From current information he appears to be doing okay and is going in for xrays last update. Just another reminder to save it for the track. Wish him well and good recovery.

Link to pictures and updates:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...15-Supra-crash
Old 09-25-2011, 04:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thing he didn't hurt anyone else.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:46 AM

wow... glad driver was okay... that was a wreck!
Old 09-25-2011, 12:12 PM

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...-Show-in-OC-MD

we were heading to the convention center and saw it shortly after it happend. glad to see he is alive. it didnt look too good.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apparently can't feel his legs

I know the exact location of where that is also

He f@#ked that building up big time. Wonder if hes gonna have to pay for the damages . Couldn't imagine losing the car and having to pay for the damages of the building....talk about being in debt for the rest of your life
Old 09-25-2011, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Angerman

He f@#ked that building up big time. Wonder if hes gonna have to pay for the damages . Couldn't imagine losing the car and having to pay for the damages of the building....talk about being in debt for the rest of your life
Honestly I do not want to sound like a dick and I can't stress enough I hope he has a speedy recovery. But a high HP Supra owner should not be messing around on wet roads because people are screaming to get it sideways or do a burnout. In my opinon (also without trying to sound like an asshole) that if he can afford to build a hardtop Supra of the measure. He can afford to pay for everything as his lesson of not doing anything of this sort again. Look at what he did to that building. Easily could have killed someone on the sidewalk or someone even on that balcony. I pray he gets better but hopefully he takes whatever penalties he receives as a good lesson.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Why can't Supras just get in fender benders like the rest of us?

I hope he is okay, and is able to walk away from this much wiser. In many ways I agree with rmk232. I don't think this guy will have huge amounts of debt. It doesn't look like he caused any serious, structural damage. He made a pretty big mistake, and the outcome is definitely up there on the f!*% up scale. All he can do is learn from it. I wish him the best and hope for a speedy recovery

- James
Old 09-25-2011, 04:35 PM

Received 1,108 Likes on 988 Posts

Originally Posted by Angerman

I'm sure he will be in debt for the rest of his life. Actions = Consequences.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:39 PM

ill admit. i did some 3rd and 4th gear rips. its hard to resist. i dont blame him one bit. just didnt end as good for him as the rest of us
Old 09-26-2011, 04:23 PM

Well here is a video I took before it happened!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8bC_3tTlsI

Quick Reply: Supra Crash at H20i.