New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Milford, MA Meet

Old 11-18-2011, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Milford, MA Meet

Before I bought my S I was (and still am) an active member of the Subaru community. I started a Milford, MA meet in my hometown back in '08 and it slowed down to a stop after a while. I thought of bringing it back but I started to go to the Worcester Subaru meets, and then I moved to Taunton.

Link to thread:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1627072

In August my friend Matt Denice died in a tragic motorcycle accident:
http://articles.boston.com/2011-08-2...et-spray-paint

The reason I felt so close to Matt was not only because of the car, but because he came to my meets frequently. I started the meet when I knew nobody in the community and he was there.

Since the incident I have been thinking of bringing this thread back up in memory of Matt. This is how I met him, he went to just about every Milford meet we had and really helped me feel welcome in a group of people I was a stranger to. It may have started as a Subaru meet, but it's not about the car, it's really about the community.

The Milford meets will be in the Milford area, traveling a maximum of 30 minutes out of town.

Details:

Bill's Pizza
Hopkinton center commons for ultimate frisbee!!

14 Main Street Hopkinton, MA 01748

Meet at around 6:30pm, hang out til about 7pm, and get some food.

I hope to see you all there. If you can't make it, I hope to see you the next Wednesday. I remember my first meet vividly, don't be afraid to step out of your shell
Old 11-21-2011, 08:35 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I would try to attend a few but a bit out of my area. Maybe once nice weather comes back around if it is still on going I can head out that way from work.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:40 AM

Yeah, I don't expect much of an s2k turn out as winter is approaching. That's ok though, spring will be here in no time
Old 11-21-2011, 09:56 AM

Not to far from me. When the S is back together I will stop by. I may go before that in my subie.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:28 AM

Bump for Milford. I lived on Bowden Dr. for a good while when I was a kid. Great town as I remember it. Best subs ever also at olivas that's honestly what I miss most. Grinders!!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 01:49 PM

Ah, I run through that neighborhood some times with my friend. Perhaps I'll have to have a meet at the town park this spring/summer for ultimate frisbee or something and order some Oliva's. Haven't had their subs in a loooooooong time.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:30 AM

I won't be around for a meet today as I'm helping a friend pick up a car. The guys over on the Subie board are pretty busy as well so I'm not sure if anything will happen this week.

Next week, however, I'll be sure to set something up
Old 12-06-2011, 02:29 PM

Bump for tomorrow. Yum, BBQ.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:41 PM

We used to have a similar group in CT do a weekly meet. It fizzled - mostly because it was too easy to put off showing up until the next week - sooner or later, next week never comes...
Maybe (springtime) we focus on this community making a point to meet in milford once a month - it's easier to plan to have a good turnout as it makes the meeting a little more special. Its easy to miss many meets when there's 52 of them, different when there's 12.

my .02
Old 12-06-2011, 02:49 PM

I can see what you mean. I've been running this for about 3 months and it's boiled down to myself and my +1, and 3 subie guys, sometimes 4. A new kid started coming around and he seems pretty cool, looks to become a regular. The meet used to bring out an average of 8 cars or so, idk what happened.

Hopefully come spring things will pick up.

Quick Reply: Milford, MA Meet