Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Honda Ruckus I built - as featured in Air Society

Old 12-13-2011, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Ruckus I built - as featured in Air Society

Just copied and pasted it for you guys.

One of the best memories we’ve got as kids is tearing up our hometown streets in beat up scooters. What may seem like a toy to some, others see as the first breath of liberty. As Christmas approaches, we thought this could be the perfect time to feature Jake Reining’s bagged Honda Ruckus that will rekindle your love affair a simpler time in your life and might make you think twice about what presents you put under your tree this season.

Honda Ruckus I built - as featured in Air Society-ijgua.jpg

Honda Ruckus I built - as featured in Air Society-jc6lo.jpg

This Honda isn’t your ordinary scooter. Introduced as the ”Zoomer” in Japan and the ”Ruckus” in North America in the early 2000′s, this non traditional scooter differs from others with its rugged design, fat tires with deeper tread and a skeleton frame that intentionally lacks an enclosed storage compartment.

What sets this Ruckus apart from the run of the mill variant is its air ride. To make this project feasible, Jake hit up Alex Morales of AK GarageWorks out of Texas who paired up with the boys over at ForjWorks in Hawaii to give life to a showstopper any kid would kill to get a hold of.

Honda Ruckus I built - as featured in Air Society-xnp1f.jpg

Freshly built, this one month old Ruckus is already tearing up the charts and winning the hearts of folks all over Texas by taking home two awards: 3rd place best import at WekFest Forth Worth and Best Bike at Import FaceOff Houston. The interesting thing to point out on the WekFest award is that the Ruckus was pitted against ALL import vehicles (cars included), so to win 3rd among all imports is very impressive indeed.

Honda Ruckus I built - as featured in Air Society-rle2o.jpg

Honda Ruckus I built - as featured in Air Society-mjftl.jpg

AK Garageworks poured a ton of hard work and effort into this rad two-wheeler. A custom-built front and rear frame was made so that all the wiring could be tucked away inside to give that clean look we’re used to seeing in quality bikes. 10×2.75″ Mirror Red Daytona 5 spoke front wheels and 12×7″ Mirror Red Douglas rear wheels compliment the red accents found all over the bike.

Honda Ruckus I built - as featured in Air Society-petun.jpg

Honda Ruckus I built - as featured in Air Society-qif5z.jpg

Honda Ruckus I built - as featured in Air Society-9oce6.jpg

The custom work doesn’t end with the body as a ton of engineering went into the ForjWorks custom Ruckus air suspension kit. Having been the very first scooter to have their air ride kit installed outside of Hawaii, ForjWorks spared no expense in getting it show worthy. A polished aluminum air tank with end caps and compressor mounts was slapped on underneath the custom Recaro seat. Controlled by a ForjWorks air switch, the compressed air flows in and out of the 3″ air shock via a ViAir compressor and pressure switch.

Honda Ruckus I built - as featured in Air Society-gnrh5.jpg

Honda Ruckus I built - as featured in Air Society-2mihj.jpg

Check out what this ForjWorks equipped ride is packing:

-ForjWorks polished aluminum air tank with end caps and compressor mounts
-ForjWorks stainless steel bottom bracket
-ForjWorks polished aluminum shock reservoir
-ForjWorks Air Switch Bracket
-ViAir Air Compressor
-ViAir Pressure Switch
-Air Shock with 3″ Stroke

When boys grow into men they leave a lot of their childhood behind, however when looking at Jake’s Ruckus we’re rekindled with a sense of wonder and joy that we thought had faded long ago. It’s the passion of people’s imaginations that keeps us going and as long as we don’t out grow of that, I think our scene will be around for a long time to come.

Honda Ruckus I built - as featured in Air Society-duhfe.jpg

Honda Ruckus I built - as featured in Air Society-pha6r.jpg

Honda Ruckus I built - as featured in Air Society-nhjlc.jpg

Honda Ruckus I built - as featured in Air Society-dm3t0.jpg

Big props go out to the owner Jake Reining, Team Leader for the North Texas/Oklahoma chapter of Team Sun*Works (a National car crew based out of Houston), Alex Morales of AKGarageworks for making this vision come alive, and of course Paul Higashi from ForjWorks for making this first of its kind project come alive. Greg from MNNTHBX on TotalRuckus.com definitely gets shout outs for making another batch of his “Lazy Eye” headlights. All photos taken by Costas Stergiou.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:59 PM

Well for whatever reason my website isn't linking but if anyone wants to check it out its www.akgarageworks.com
Old 12-13-2011, 07:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

awesome.

I want to scoop up a ruckus after the scene dies down a little bit
Old 12-13-2011, 07:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

awesome.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by DFWs2k
awesome.

Dont really think thats gonna happen anytime soon.Here in Houston its still pretty new and its currently on fireee.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:02 AM

F00cking sick as hell. Wish I still had my Ruckus sometimes.

That face expression ppl put when they look at something crazy like this rolling down the street is just priceless. Loved every single moment of it.

Really love what you did with the sock headlights too.

Damn.........................
Old 12-14-2011, 01:15 PM

their so sick, i just got my second ruck!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't get what the ruckus is all about... oh, wait. Damn, that is a very one-off example and a wild-looking ride!
Old 12-15-2011, 11:16 AM

Nice
Old 12-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Damn it why did I look. Makes me want one all over again. Must resist.

Quick Reply: Honda Ruckus I built - as featured in Air Society