Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Learnerspermits old car Mugen and whatever else

Old 12-31-2011, 03:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Learnerspermits old car Mugen and whatever else

This is my thread for my ever changing car. A little history is I was so very fortunate to have got this car new in 2002 when I was 15. It has seen its changes blood sweat and tears over the years. I now post changes of the 2014 rebuild in the later pages. Please check out my ride and post your negative and positive comments I like to hear them both !!!
Old 12-31-2011, 03:37 PM

Ive been on here forever and have gone through many changes with my car over the years but since its the new year I figured I would start keeping a thread going of my build and track days or bored picture time. Hate all you want or love all you want this is my personal whore page. I bought the car new in 2002 and have been part of community since then.

December 31 2011
Nikon D3100

*Update Jan 10 2012
Was playing with the camera while I washed the car

*Update Jan 11 2012
Friend works for a brake manufacture, he ordered a custom set of of ceramic pads for S2000's since they currently don't offer a pad for us and slid me a set to try out!

*Update Jan 28 2012
A few days ago I went back to a Spoon N1 exhaust, its probably been my favorite sounding exhaust I have owned in the past.
I also got the car weighed for the NASA Racing season its 2909 with me in it and a full tank of fuel and 2678 without me (I need to loose weight)
Looks like Ill be in NXB for AutoX and TTA for Time Trials once I get out of HPDE I hope soon!

Old 12-31-2011, 03:37 PM

*Update Feb 16 2012
I needed to loose some points for NASA so I took out my AEM EMS and everything i had with it to go with a preprogramed ECU or stock I was lucky enough to come up with this. My car has been on EMS for a long time so now I just need to get the car to not die when I come to a stop I think my IACV or TPS is bad and didn't rear its head under a tune or something. I have been out of town for work since I threw it on and drove it. Will shed more info on this soon.

EMS

New

March 1 2012
New Mugen Shift Knob and Mugen Compliance Bushings

March 3 2012
Memphis International Raceway NASA HPDE 2

Damage from the Go Pro Impact video Page 4 *Authentic Parts = Quality*

New Hankook RS-3!!

*EDIT* In reference to the car not idling it turned out I had the TPS wired backwards and the EMS had it hidden for years then the car magically started misfiring and the injector plug had worn out and would no longer stay clipped. So we zip tied it temporarily until I get some pig tails. We also cleaned the TB that was completely gummed up and the IACV. Runs perfect now.

March 29 2012
Okay again I resolved the injector issue after zip tying it on for the last track day. I picked up some new plugs then made some pigtails and replaced all the wiring. This is a similar issue to the TPS due to having hacked the harness when I ran ITB's it runs great now!

TPS we re wired as well the other day

April 2 2012

I got my Eibach Front and Rear Sway bars in. I have been running a stock AP1 bar up front original with the car and a smaller than AP1 Rear sway bar a Alex Bar. I really liked this combo but Its time for a change with the rest of the car I wanted some more adjustability for the track, honestly for the price the Eibach bars are hard to beat. I set both bars to the softer setting. Initially I changed the front bar and took it for a spin. Steering defiantly felt heavier on initial input but quicker afterwards. I didn't like how the back of the car felt with the small bar so I got home and changed the rear bar again putting the softer setting on it took the car for a drive.. and it felt so much more alive and much more grip as if didn't have any before LOL. It this was on worn ass tires I can't wait to put the fresh rubber on it. I think with the wing aero and 255's this will be ideal..this has really given me the itch to go drive tonight. I have been wanting to change brake pads and go with the Speed Engineering rotors but I wanted to be sure of what I wanted to run I came across a good deal on some used hawk pads some HP plus so Im going to give them a try. I was going to put the rears on today but the rotors are f@#ked so bad in the rear Im going to just order some Napa rotors to test the pads with before I dive in on brand new rotors from Speed and Brand new pads. However just the front has netted much improvement.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:38 PM

A Few weeks behind updating I did some stuff before the Wake the Dragon on April 14th

Put some fresh RS-3's on

Had some Gold Foil Left from my air box when I had wrapped it a while back so I decided to wrap the steel braided lines with it to help prevent some fluid boiling even though it hasn't been a problem

Had a Momo Monte Carlo forever on the car decided to change it up with a Personal steering wheel Ive really become a fan on the Aryton Senna history and his determination and motivation in racing..watching the old videos of with his Personal steering wheel with the S2000 inspired cluster. The downside is that I lost some vision of the RPM's maybe a new hub or may help this Id like to change it up with a thin quick release sometime.

old

New

Also came across some original S600 metal Emblems these need refinishing but Id like to use them considering the history of them and Honda

Test Fit

December 13th

A little late posting this, Ive been away from home for a little over 3 months. While I was home for Thanksgiving I installed my new wing. Voltex Type 7 1600mm Drove the car afterwards seemed to be much more stable, looking forward to some track time when I get a chance.

Test Fit with my 30mm risers took them off afterwards

With the removed

Trunk Reinforcements

Dec 14 2013

forgot to update this I switched out my Tein RS coilovers for the Evasive Spec Eibachs before we went to the Dragon Fall Run. I havnt been able to do much recently due to being gone a lot recently. I also picked up a 2013 FRS.

Drove this on a road trip not to long ago and had a blast it has 155k on the original clutch somehow and its time to replace it not looking forward to that.

Pictures from the Dragon Fall Run had a blast too

Reserved
Old 12-31-2011, 05:03 PM

Looks good but the hardtop really needs the gloss black sides. Also love the genuine parts,
Old 12-31-2011, 05:05 PM

Looks great.

I've been considering that rear bumper since it makes overfenders flow a bit better.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:41 PM

Thanks... yeah the hardtop is going to get the black sides this year at some point stay tuned!
Old 12-31-2011, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

car looks great

Quick Reply: Learnerspermits old car Mugen and whatever else