Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.
View Poll Results: S2000 Or RSX
S2000
81.54%
RSX
18.46%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

RSX-S Or S2000?

Old 02-14-2012, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSX-S Or S2000?

Hey guys, I am interested in buying either a s2000 or rsx-s but the thing is i need it to be driven in the winter as well. What do you think would be a better choice? ive always loved s2000s but the rsx seems more practical, i dont know what to do. Any other recommendations for cars can also be made in the same price range. BTW this is canadian winter in ontario.

Also- what car would be better all motor? (basic motor mods) since i know that the s2000 cant be modded too much all motor.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wrx
Old 02-14-2012, 07:52 PM

Is this even a serious question? S200 is better in every way... Well almost. As for winter get some Snow tires and you will be good to go. (I'd recommend sightly narrower than stock, but since you are from Canada, I'd guess that you know this.) I would assume that if you know how to drive in the snow, you'll be fine. My Miata does fine in as much as 8", beyond that it will handle it as long as I don't stop. If you stop beyond about 8" you just get high-centered.

If you are nervous about snow driving, get a winter beater.

I would suggest finding an abandoned parking lot to practice your snow driving the fist time it snows if you are uncertain about you snow driving abilities.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:57 PM

you are on an S2000 forum not S200 haha , what do you expect?to say rsx?never gonna happen
I had a rsx and i liked it but S2000 is much better
Coclusion?buy an wrx
Old 02-14-2012, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by luder_5555
Is this even a serious question? S200 is better in every way... Well almost. As for winter get some Snow tires and you will be good to go. (I'd recommend sightly narrower than stock, but since you are from Canada, I'd guess that you know this.) I would assume that if you know how to drive in the snow, you'll be fine. My Miata does fine in as much as 8", beyond that it will handle it as long as I don't stop. If you stop beyond about 8" you just get high-centered.

If you are nervous about snow driving, get a winter beater.

I would suggest finding an abandoned parking lot to practice your snow driving the fist time it snows if you are uncertain about you snow driving abilities.
how is it better in every way ? can you explain please, itd be appreciated. Also, are you sure a rwd car will be fine for snow, and the hood would be fine? heard winter can cause problems for the hood.

I have some more questions, if i got a hardtop for the winter, how would that hold up? could i take it off for the summer and have the original hood then ?
Old 02-14-2012, 08:21 PM

S2000 is a sports car. RSX is a sporty car. S2000 is more of a toy that is a lot of fun and can be practical if driven/setup correctly. The RSX is a little more practical but really not that much more. Id really suggest looking at either an S2000 or something like a WRX. Either go for the fun sports car or the very practical fun sporty car. RSX is slower than both, not much more practical than an S2000, wont be nearly as good as a WRX in snow, and I dont think it will respond to mods as well as a WRX.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by TabriS2k
S2000 is a sports car. RSX is a sporty car. S2000 is more of a toy that is a lot of fun and can be practical if driven/setup correctly. The RSX is a little more practical but really not that much more. Id really suggest looking at either an S2000 or something like a WRX. Either go for the fun sports car or the very practical fun sporty car. RSX is slower than both, not much more practical than an S2000, wont be nearly as good as a WRX in snow, and I dont think it will respond to mods as well as a WRX.
I have some more questions, if i got a hardtop for the winter, how would that hold up? could i take it off for the summer and have the original hood then ? how much does a hardtop cost?
As for the sti, the sti is not really a great deal here in canada, well it obviously is but its in the 40k range and used ones arent really available at a good price like the s2000.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:14 PM

^ Yes you can get a hard top and take it off whenever you want. They are a little spendy, but every now and then you see them for good prices. The soft top is normally fine. The biggest issue if the potential to crack the rear window if it is plastic, or the vinyl top itself if it is super cold. The best way to solve this is to either get a glass window top, just not put the top down when cold, or let the car warm up, run the heater for a while, and then put the top down once it has been warmed up.

I will caution you that driving a RWD car in the snow can be difficult, especially if you are not comfortable getting sideways. I am not saying that you should drive around playing drift king, but with a RWD car you are going to get sideways at some point, and knowing how to react can be the difference between having a small "oops" moment, and having a bad day. If you do end up going with the s2k, my advice would be the same for you as to anyone moving to a RWD car. Go do an autocross or two, and make at least one be on a wet day. Use that to experiment with how the car handles at the limit, and learn what to do.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Former Sponsor

?

S2000 and a cheap old subaru beater FTW
Old 02-14-2012, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by luder_5555
^ Yes you can get a hard top and take it off whenever you want. They are a little spendy, but every now and then you see them for good prices. The soft top is normally fine. The biggest issue if the potential to crack the rear window if it is plastic, or the vinyl top itself if it is super cold. The best way to solve this is to either get a glass window top, just not put the top down when cold, or let the car warm up, run the heater for a while, and then put the top down once it has been warmed up.

I will caution you that driving a RWD car in the snow can be difficult, especially if you are not comfortable getting sideways. I am not saying that you should drive around playing drift king, but with a RWD car you are going to get sideways at some point, and knowing how to react can be the difference between having a small "oops" moment, and having a bad day. If you do end up going with the s2k, my advice would be the same for you as to anyone moving to a RWD car. Go do an autocross or two, and make at least one be on a wet day. Use that to experiment with how the car handles at the limit, and learn what to do.
This is exactly why i considered the rsx as its fwd! i really dont know what to do, what a problem i have on my hands lol

Quick Reply: RSX-S Or S2000?