S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Puffo Intake

Old 06-06-2012, 10:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Puffo Intake

Hey guys, any of you guys remember that thread in the NA section about the Puffo intake from Italy? Well a couple months ago i herd they were finally going to be produced here in Amerca and immediately was interested. After speaking to another member on here, HDA, for quite a while about the details I decided I wanted to buy one. Luckily for me the were being produced 30 miles from my house by a third party. On Sunday I picked up my Puffo intake. I'd like to give you guys a good review in case any of you are interested.....

So like many I was quite skeptical. They are claiming 13WHP increase which we all know is almost impossible with an S2000. Also, the design is so simple that I kept asking myself "what does this intake do that the all these companies could not do for the past 13 years?"

So picked it up on Sunday. All you get is the Puffo itself. No filter and no intake arm. You must use your OEM intake arm to run this intake. It was also designed to use your OEM air filter as well. My filter has been sitting for two years and is almost 8 years old so I decided to go purchase a K&N drop in filter. The price for the Puffo might be a little high considering you don't get much. It was hard to justify the price unless it actually created the gains claimed.

Installation was very easy. The hardest part for me was removing my Comptech Icebox and putting the stock components back on. If you are running the OEM intake already, install will lterally take you a half hour tops. The filter is held on by a set of washers that hold it in place. This does not look very appealing and is the worst part about the intake. Since it uses the stock intake arm, there is no need to relocate any lines or sensors. I zip tied some wires together so they don't get caught in the pulleys. This was recommended in the instructions.

My Greddy TIC single is very loud so I can't tell from the cabin if the intake makes a lot of noise. I can definitely feel it vibrate at WOT but sound I'm not sure. Since my exhaust is so loud I was not to concerned about intake sound. When I had my quieter dual, I really cared about intake sound lol.

Now for performance......... Like I said I was very skeptical but let me tell you, this intake makes some good power. It's quite astonishing to be honest. In the mid range, the throttle response seems very good. Even at low RPMs, the car seems to have more power and pull decent. On the freeway cruising in sixth I would give the car some gas and it accelerated well. It has been very hot the last few days here in SoCal and the car pulled hard anyways. Even with the top down in the heat, the car pulled hard. I keep telling myself it's probably the placebo effect but every time I hit vtec the car just moves. I've hit VTEC more times the last few days than ever before and every time the car pulls harder than it ever did before.

I've only had it for a few days and am still testing it out but I have been impressed thus far. The intake itself is not the most pretty to look at but it definitely added some horsepower. I wish I would have put the car on the dyno before and after the install to prove it. So far I would recommend it if your looking for a simple intake that will add some power. Feel free to PM me of you have any comments or questions
Here are a few pics of it.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats the price if you don't mind me asking?
Old 06-06-2012, 11:01 AM

Pmed
Old 06-06-2012, 11:40 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

i pmed you!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interested.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Also interested, if you wouldn't mind letting me in on what kind of price they go for.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:47 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

is there any kind of support going on that holds the intake arm up? I know some of the other long term users in the UK had problems with the intake arm splitting at the throttle body due to no support. I didnt know he started producing these already yet either?
Old 06-06-2012, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive been following this thread for a while..
the thing is hidious but if it gives gains like it/you claim then im in.

how much did it end up costing?

might have to paint it or something..
Old 06-06-2012, 11:51 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

also, what happened to the original thread? I dont see it in the NA forum anymore.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Carbon Blue
is there any kind of support going on that holds the intake arm up? I know some of the other long term users in the UK had problems with the intake arm splitting at the throttle body due to no support. I didnt know he started producing these already yet either?
No nothing hold up the intake arm but they did tell me they made the Puffo lighter in hopes of stopping the arm from cracking. I want to be a Samco arm in the future anyways

Quick Reply: Puffo Intake