S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Recaro Pole Position and BuddyClub Super Low Rails on 2006 AP2

Old 06-24-2012, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed my leather pp a few weeks ago and LOVE it. One thing that helped me though was to measure the max and min distance between the rails as they were loosely bolted into the car. There is room to give left to right. I took this into consideration when putting the rails onto the seat and once I had it all bolted up (seat to the rail) made some fine adjustments to get it w/in the measurements I took before. I had to make a small adjustment when I got the seat into the car and ran into zero headaches when installing it.

The red jersey seats look lovely but I hope they hold up over time. They look similar to the material used in EP3 civic si seats, except instead of putting it on the seat itself Recaro put the jersey material onto the sides it looks like.

Are you going to install a passenger seat?
Old 06-27-2012, 08:42 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the DIY! I have been working on installing two Pole Positions on Buddy Club Super Low rails as well in my AP2.

I also had to pull the seats in and out of the cars a number of times to get the rails adjusted properly and the mounting holes lined up. Unfortunately, I scratched some of my interior panels and seats in the process so I would definitely recommend covering the sides of the seats in painters tape and putting your soft top down (or removing your hardtop) to make pulling the seats in and out of the car easier. Tightening the side mount brackets on the Buddy Club rails is a PITA because they tend to slide while tightening but if I could do it all over again I would have made a template from my OEM seat mounting holes and lined the Buddy Club rails up with that to get the position right the first time.

I currently have my OEM seats back in the car while I try to figure out seat belt extenders so thanks for sharing the link on the ones you are using.

One question for you... I'm not sure how tall you are or how far back you have tried to slide your seat, but do your rails hit one of the rear mounting bolts preventing the rails from going back any further?
Old 06-27-2012, 09:29 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

^That will definitely happen if the rail isn't pushed in the right place. I can't remember but when tightening the rear bolt on the side towards the passenger you either need to push the seat on the rail as far towards the passenger side as possible or pull....don't remember but I definitely had to do both so that the rail could slide over the bolt head. At first I thought something was wrong but it was just running into the bolt head.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:24 PM

So you are still able to move the seat forward and back?
Old 06-27-2012, 08:51 PM

did the seat belt extension .. work with the seat belt receiver? any seat belt light issues?
Old 06-28-2012, 05:58 AM

Just wanted to say thanks for putting this up. Gave me a much better idea of what I would need to get a Recaro PP into my S.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Blindeye_03
I just installed my leather pp a few weeks ago and LOVE it. One thing that helped me though was to measure the max and min distance between the rails as they were loosely bolted into the car. There is room to give left to right. I took this into consideration when putting the rails onto the seat and once I had it all bolted up (seat to the rail) made some fine adjustments to get it w/in the measurements I took before. I had to make a small adjustment when I got the seat into the car and ran into zero headaches when installing it.

The red jersey seats look lovely but I hope they hold up over time. They look similar to the material used in EP3 civic si seats, except instead of putting it on the seat itself Recaro put the jersey material onto the sides it looks like.

Are you going to install a passenger seat?
that's a good tip. lining the whole thing up was very hard and took several tries.

I'm not installing a passenger seat since the wifey doesn't like the concept of bucket seats. hahaha I'm fine with Red and Black look.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Urge
I dont see the jersey alcantara option on their site?
How is fitment with the door and glove compartment? I always looked at the PP as they were a little narrower than other Recaros.
fitment is perfect. the seat does not touch neither the door or glove compartment. yes PPs are one of the smallest Recaros available.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by InitialDean
So you are still able to move the seat forward and back?
yes the Buddy Club allows you to slide the seat forward and back. I can't answer the other questions regarding "how far back" since I haven't moved it all the way back, as I don't need to...
Old 06-28-2012, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Snisen2.2L
did the seat belt extension .. work with the seat belt receiver? any seat belt light issues?
yes, the seat belt extension works with the stock receiver. there is no light issue since the seat belt extension is plugged in.

Only problem is the light never comes on because of it since the extension is plugged in all the time.

Quick Reply: Recaro Pole Position and BuddyClub Super Low Rails on 2006 AP2