S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

need help with fuel pressure test

Old 08-17-2012, 09:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you can get the fuel pressure gauge here http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/ho...6-004000B.html and the adapter at any honda dealership. Thats where i got mine. Tat gauge will fit in the adapter. The dealership will sell u the adapter but not the gauge. u will also need 4 washers. two of them will be use for the testing the the other two will be use for putting it back together. Trust me, i learned it the hard way. Once you removed the damper, the washer under the fuel hose and the washer under the damper will be useless unless you can align them perfectly in place or esle there will be a leak.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4forall
Yes i would highly recommend removing the fuel rail before drilling/tapping. Also its interesting that removing the vac line to the FPR perks the car up. I may have to try this. Also if this is an indication of a failing part, fuel pump/fpr or somthing similar how do we diagnose this?

I shall use teh search function to see if there is a thread on this already.

Personally my own symptoms up untill now have just been a poor idle which is very common. But the past week there have been two times where i go to get the car the beans and it just feels bogged down. Its only happened twice. I just associated it with heak soak. Being as its getting near 95f every day here in montgomery. Also the two times it has happen was after i drove the car, turned it off, went inside a store for no more than 10 mins. Starts up just fine, go to pull out of parking lot and i feel like im dragging a baby elephant behind me lol. Let off the throttle push in the clutch, go again and all is well.

to diagnose the fpr/fuel pump you'll have to preform a fuel pressure test and use the gauge attachment, franky provided the part number for, in the above post.

the description you provided of you cars performance sounds just like mine, but mine has been doing this since the beginning of may. i've been to a dyno and had some decent numbers for a stock s2k but 2 out of 3 runs showed fairly significant drops in hp, a/f ratios seemed to be in spec though. but i just absolutely know that something is not right.

taking the vac line off of the fpr increases the fuel pressure at the rail a bit, i'd have to look at the helms, but i think around 5psi. that's why i'm trying to do this fuel pressure test. i'm somewhat leaning toward a fuel or vaccum problem.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by franky
you can get the fuel pressure gauge here http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/ho...6-004000B.html and the adapter at any honda dealership. Thats where i got mine. Tat gauge will fit in the adapter. The dealership will sell u the adapter but not the gauge. u will also need 4 washers. two of them will be use for the testing the the other two will be use for putting it back together. Trust me, i learned it the hard way. Once you removed the damper, the washer under the fuel hose and the washer under the damper will be useless unless you can align them perfectly in place or esle there will be a leak.

thanks so much man. i called honda yesterday and gave them that part number after cross referencing it myself from the helms. they said that it didn't show in their system, so i'm waiting on a call back from them hopefully monday.

good info on the metal washers. i actually got my old ones to seal yesterday, but don't recommend it for anyone. fuel leaks are too dangerous in the engine bay to really take a chance.

do you know off the top of your head what threads, or style connection that the honda fuel rail adapter has going to the pressure gauge? i own a plumbing co, and have all types of gauges and brass adapters to make my own gauge/hose assembly.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

do you know off the top of your head what threads, or style connection that the honda fuel rail adapter has going to the pressure gauge? i own a plumbing co, and have all types of gauges and brass adapters to make my own gauge/hose assembly.
[/quote]

it's M6X1.0
Old 08-18-2012, 04:00 PM

thanks man
Old 08-20-2012, 04:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well let us know how the test goes. Im curious myself. If my issue becomes any worse/frequent then i will probably do the test myself. However i have ITB's going on within the next two months. Replacing the whole fuel system besides the pump, as well has having fuel pressure gauge on my aftermarket regulator will show me right away any issues.