Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

*SilentDancer Build Thread*

Old 02-10-2015, 11:57 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn.. That sucks on what happened with the shop.. But glad to see your enjoying the car still and planning to get it finished!! Hope all is well with U and the new move! Take care homie!!
Old 02-23-2015, 11:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn did you pay for the work? I have dealt with having my car away at a shop in Richmond and I live in Springfield and totally got screwed. Shop closed down and ending up stealing money and taking my car apart and leaving it in pieces with a lot missing. Its scary taking it to shop that's not close by. I understand the regret. Hopefully you get it finished.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome Build! Will def follow!
Old 12-28-2015, 11:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Update (finally) December 28th, 2015.

Happy Holidays S2ki, I am back! I closed the thread a while back because I was going to sell the car because I was over the project and just wanted to get another car to start fresh. After test driving a Porsche 997 Carrera and having another buyer sneak in and seal the deal before me, I decided since this is my 3rd S2000 that I obviously have an issue letting go of the car for some reason and found myself looking at parts to finish the exterior. I didn't like the execution of the wide body at all and I didn't want to waste anymore money on trying to make it look good so I decided to take my cutting wheel and go to work.

I found a pair of OEM fenders so I picked those up and chopped off the rear quarter panels which was a major pain in the behind.

After removing the wide body I put the car under a car cover for a few months while trying to decided which fenders I wanted to go with. After seeing the new builds coming out of Evasive I decided to order the Voltex front and rear over-fenders as well as the race version side skirts from Japan Parts. When I originally tried to order the side skirts I was told that the race version was discontinued and I could only order the "street" skirts. I had Japan Parts ask Voltex if they could make another set and to my surprise they said yes. Fast forward almost 4 months I saw that the fenders finally arrived on Oahu!

After work I saw this waiting for me inside!

They made it in one piece!

Of course I had to take the car cover off the car and test fit the parts to see how it fits and to check to see if my Volk RE30s will work with this setup. I was very shocked to see that my my wheels look like they are going to work. I will be getting an AP2 rear bumper to replace the chopped rear bumper soon.

I also found out that my wife is pregnant and she needed a new car so for Christmas I got her a 335i! I really enjoy this car and I will find a way to convince her to let me autocross it soon.

More updates soon!

-TJ
Old 12-29-2015, 01:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Whoa, looks good man! Im glad to see an update in the right direction after such a long time!
And congrats man!
Old 12-29-2015, 04:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome, glad you kept this car! But, youll have to change the wheel setup now huh? Less clearance than before.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:34 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Glad to see this car is back!
Old 12-29-2015, 03:50 PM

It is awesome that you chose to stick it out with the build. It will make it that much more satisfying in the end, (there never is an end). More importantly, congratulations on becoming a dad!
Old 12-29-2015, 04:03 PM

Congrats on becoming a Dad! It's going to change your life, in a very good way!

The progress on the car looks good as well.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:20 PM
Community Organizer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

can't wait to see you back out at auto-x! congrats tj!!! finish the s before baby arrives

Quick Reply: *SilentDancer Build Thread*