S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AEM Meth experts running help

Old 11-24-2012, 02:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default AEM Meth experts running help

Bought a new AEM meth kit. I have 2 gauges a WB and boost gauge on my CTSC+AC setup @13.5psi.

I have a chocolate block connected up to the 12v spade connector under the fuse box which powers two guages and the AC pump, a wire goes from the chocolate block to a switch with an LED in which was originally used to power the rear demister on the hardtop, i just reused this wire for the meth install for ignition.

I filled the bottle up with 80% water/20% meth, i dont think i had my switch ON and went to put my foot down the LED status light lit up, and the intensity changed for the flow rate as it should where i had the partial spray rate and the full spray rate set in PSI. I tried again and no cigar , now i cant remember if i had the switch on or off, but it will now not spray anymore with switch ON or OFF! - intensity of LED will not change or even light up!.

What the hell!, the kit is brand new. The only test i did was to disconnect the meth line from the nozzle and press the test button with the switch ON, and it does squirt out.

Does the controller stores errors or can i reset it/restore to default?, any one any ideas as the kit is brand new hardly used as explained above!

Thanks
Old 11-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Sure its not just the delay in injection I mentioned to you?

Double check all your connections and make sure your wired up correctly, if you can hit the test button and it squirts and the green led lights up then you should be good. No the controller isn't sophisticated enough to store codes and need to be reset to a default to make work if I remember correctly, but it will tell you if there is a fault somewhere in the system by blinking a series of flashes from the red led on the controller, the description of what these are are actually listed on the controller as well, check for this. If your not getting any fault flashes then you should be operational.

What psi are you telling it to start squirting?

80% water is a lot. What size nozzle are you using right now? Just fyi, most strait up wiper fluids will give you a 30-35% Meth to water ratio which you may want to consider using instead, but 50/50 ratio is more optimum typically, becuase it is at the rate when the charge can start to combust so you will get all your cooling benefits but your combustion will be more efficient and thorough, you should see more power, plus its a bit safer since the potential to hydro lock your motor is less if for some reason your system fails to inject a properly atomized charged. A progressive system such as the one your running doesn't atomize very well until it hits about 50% of its full duty. The initial spool up to this point and then the drizzle after injection is called off are poorly atomized.