S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

NASA ST3 Build

Old 12-09-2012, 09:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NASA ST3 Build

So I finally had the time to sit down and reflect on a long time coming build of mine. I originally started out drifting with an SR20 swapped 240sx but fount that I liked grip more than sliding… long story short I blew it up and got my s2k. Got a daily (titan 2 tow) and started my build. Its been about 2 years now and in a few short weeks will be finished thank god!! Almost time to go racing. got it down to 2307 before the cage when i go to tech. ill weight it again.

So here are some pics over the 2 years..

ENJOY!!

Old 12-09-2012, 09:30 PM

well kinda in order... lol

Old 12-09-2012, 09:32 PM

Old 12-09-2012, 09:34 PM

Old 12-09-2012, 09:37 PM

Old 12-09-2012, 09:39 PM

how bout that for a quick build!!! lmao!
more pics to come of the 17x10 enkeis with a 275 slick...
Old 12-09-2012, 10:57 PM

Received 559 Likes on 391 Posts

Pretty awesome build. Are you going to be competitive in ST3? What kind of power mods do you have? It seems like you're taking a lot of extra points with a bunch of aftermarket body panels/parts (mugen top instead of OEM), etc. etc.

Still, it looks like it'll be a blast to drive.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think your fire bottle location will pass tech. You need to be able to unhook it from the bracket while still buckled in. Unless you're double jointed, I don't think you can. I put mine there too but had to move it. Through bolt it to the trany tunnel just to the right of the hand brake. Just my two cents. Other than that looks nice.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:13 AM

Bull: ST is a power to weight class and most tracks around my region are like heartland park, no long straights like road america. I will ad power last. Im thinking i will need to up the hp to 245 whp to be right at the 9:1 ratio. With the current power ill be competitive regionally but prob not nationally regional champion is the goal for the first year! There is only a +.5 Aero mod factor in super touring. Its more like an unlimited class but broken down so your not racing a 600hp evo with a 250hp S.

Liquid: no where in the rules does it state you have to reach it when you 100% belted in tight. I can barely reach the other side of the ebrake when strapped tight. How ever i can reach it if i give a quick tug up on the shoulder staps. Im all about safety but it seems you tech guy was being a bit nit picky, the first thing i would do in the event of a fire would be to release by harness. If stuck then the shoulder straps. But its not a big deal to move it later down the road. Thx for the fyi
Old 12-10-2012, 06:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Liquidsation
I don't think your fire bottle location will pass tech. You need to be able to unhook it from the bracket while still buckled in. Unless you're double jointed, I don't think you can. I put mine there too but had to move it. Through bolt it to the trany tunnel just to the right of the hand brake. Just my two cents. Other than that looks nice.

I failed for that exact same thing. Change it now before you have to waste an hr during race day. The rules are written and then practiced... Not necessarily in the same way.

NASA Northeast also gave me shit for my cutoff switch mounted above the old radio slot. But they "let it go."

Quick Reply: NASA ST3 Build