Call for photos – The 2011 S2KI S2000 Calendar is in the works
S2000 Talk has a thread calling for picture submissions for the 2011 calendar. S2KI has had calendars for the last two years and 2011 will be the third year in succession. Saki GT, one of our forum moderators is heading up this project and the calendars are expected to be on sale sometime during November 2010.
48 submissions have been received so far and more are welcome. The deadline for submission is October 1, 2010 and this should give those of us that are aspiring photographers, ample time to stage a photo shoot with their S2000.
Per Saki, the photo’s need to meet the following criteria:
• Photos can’t just be “driveway” shots, no hose and bucket in the background. You need to be creative, artistic, and unique! At least find a scenic spot to take the pic!
• Photos need to meet a minimum resolution for print purposes. That minimum is “high resolution” – at least 150 dpi, in tif, png, jpg formats, for a 10″x13″ calendar. Photos should generally by MB in size, not kb, to give you an idea. If you want to use a different format, PM me and I can see if it will work.
• Photos need to be cropped “loose” – in previous years we have had some great submissions that we couldn’t use because the image was already cropped too tight to the S2000, meaning there was no way for me to position the image within the constraints of the format.
• Try and leave some space around the S2000 so we can crop the image to fit the calendar. Final size is about 9″x13″, for reference
• Many submissions each year are the ubiquitous 1/4 front or 1/4 rear view, and we can only have so many similar poses in a calendar, so taking the time to do something different will count toward the submissions.
• The calendar is not for profit, and stresses the love we have for our cars over such. Each car selected for the calendar will have a by-line with credit to the car’s owner, the photographer if they are a different person, and some details about the car and where the photo was taken. NO watermarks are allowed on the photos however.
Those interested in submitting pictures need to do the following:
• When you have some pics to submit, rename them with the following format:
• Email them to: s2ki09 @ gmail.com
• Include your screen name, your actual name, a brief description of the photo – location where it is, the car year, and significant visual mods like aftermarket wheels.
For those of us that want to order one (including yours truly) – “Ordering info will be come available later in the year, but in the past we’ve accepted Amazon Pay so you can pay by credit card without extra fees.”
So get the word out and support this noble not-for-profit endeavor. If you have some good pictures of your car or you know someone that is a talented shutterbug go ahead and do your bit to get those submissions in. The 2011 S2KI S2000 calendar will be all the better with your active participation.
For more information, click here.
Tip of the hat to Saki GT for this endeavor. Images courtesy of tuscman and diskoe.
NOTE: S2KI welcomes the opinions of its members on the S2000 and on all topics related to the S. Should you feel the creative urge to pen a few words then by all means do so and PM Energetic, Aashish2 or Onehots2k OR send us links to what you would like us to write about and we will feature you (or your community) on the S2KI Home Page.