S2KI to Merge with Honda-Tech and form HTI
As of today S2KI has signed a MoU with Honda-Tech to explore how best to bridge the Honda community that both sites have created. Honda-tech is a juggernaut encompassing all Honda and Acura vehicles. S2KI is a specialized and dedicated car forum with no support whatsoever from Honda.
The S2000 ceased production in 2009, and from then on although efforts have been made to improve the site and keep it relevant, it appears to be an uphill battle. The future of S2KI and all S2000 members lies with merging with a larger forum. Seeing the number of wrecked S2000’s out there, it is only a matter of time before there are no cars left and our membership dwindles to a few vintage owners. There will come a point when keeping the site running will no longer be cost-effective, hence our future lies in merging with a larger forum.
This is expected to add the following synergies:
1. S2000 owners no longer need to have multiple handles for different Honda vehicle forums. Any and every piece of information related to a Honda product will be available within the same site.
2. Our sponsors will no longer have to maintain multiple channels and by consolidating Honda-Tech and S2ki into one account, they will reap cost benefits. Lower costs are expected to lower cost of mods for members as well.
3. Our regional forums will grow larger in size. With size comes clout and we expect our communities to become more vibrant with diverse activities ranging from the usual group drives, to car meets and dealer tech meets.
4. By consolidating membership, we will also have more revenue which would help us to create budgets to sponsor activities within our communities.
5. As a large community, we expect to have a direct line into American Honda, and can have multiple Homecoming celebrations for all Honda’s ranging from the S2000 to Honda power equipment owners symposiums.
6. The Street Racing topical forum is expected to become the largest racing forum with this merger. Needless to say Hotties will have a larger catalog than Playboy and Penthouse Magazines combined.
We are very excited about this merger and look forward to keeping you updated as our discussion progresses with Honda-Tech. As S2KI is international, the new forum will be known as Honda-Tech International or HTI.
All existing member profiles will be ported over and we promise that the process will be seamless and trouble free. You may lose some PMs though, so make sure you back everything up. Also back up your image gallery.
You may all have wondered as to why we proceeded with the upgrade to the site software. This was done with the merger in mind. As we now have compatible software the technical merger will be easy-peesy.
In the next day or two, we expect to start a thread in Site Announcements and look forward to hearing your feedback. We trust that you will join us as we embark upon our journey from S2KI to HTI. We thank you in advance for your continued support.
– cthree, HondaGal, LudeDude, Krazik
NOTE: S2KI welcomes the opinions of its members on the S2000 (and all other Honda’s, even Lawnmowers). Should you feel the creative urge to pen a few words then by all means do so and PM Energetic, JulieU, Aashish2, Onehots2k OR send us links to what you would like us to write about and we will feature you (or your community) on the S2KI Home Page (soon to be called the HTI Home Page).