Stock S2000 for Sale Offers Great Start to Building Your Dream Ride
A bit rough around the edges, this inexpensive AP1 S2000 could be your gateway drug to track day euphoria.
We’ve said it before, and we will say it again: Honda isn’t building any more S2000s. It’s not surprising that values on these cars are rebounding after their valuation flat spot around the turn of the decade. So, when we spy decent deals, we tend to pounce on them, and quickly.
Unfortunately for us, our garages are currently filled with project cars, and we can’t take it any more cars, at least, for now. So, we’re passing this deal on to you. Straight from the S2KI forums is this mostly all-original AP1, for sale now at just $13,000.
As per our seller, forum member shin8407, this is a 2000 model year AP1, with a clean title and 77,000 miles on the odometer. He elaborates, saying:
- 2nd owner
- bought from NorCal Toyota dealership with 55k miles in 2016
- no mods other than aftermarket speaker and headunit
- all maintenance done at a dealership or at home (records available and I can scan the documents)
- transmission and differential fluids changed at 75k
- engine oil change every 3-5k miles, most recent change at 75k
- new tires with less than 5k miles (Continental extreme contact)
- currently has GA license tag since I had to work in Atlanta for 1 year (ugh). Just moved back to LA and will register the car soon.
- Front bumper: dings from driving, dent where I had front license plate bracket
- Driver side rear fender: scratch, side swiped into parked cars rear bumper…
- Rear plastic window: oxidation, not sure if you can clean or need to replace. Convertible top is in good condition
So it’s not a garage queen, which, in our eyes, is all the better, as cars are meant to be driven. With this AP1, it’s in good shape, but it’s not so pristine that you would shy away from thrashing your favorite winding road with it, or getting in some track time.
Indeed, for our standards, this is actually the near ideal base from which to start a track build. Those bumps and scrapes don’t affect lap times, and, with just 77,000 miles on the odometer, this S2000 has a lot of life left it for some hard, motorsport miles to be put on it. Grab a hard top, roll bar, some sticky tires and send it.
This ride, as previously mentioned, is listed for $13,000, “or best offer,” and located in Los Angeles. Someone please hop on this before we do.