Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

Getting to know each other

Old 10-09-2017, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name: Chris Brinkmann
S2Ki Name: crispy15
Year: 2001
Color: New Formula Red / Black Interior
Email: Home - crispy15@gmail.com
General Info: I am a student pilot at Columbus AFB, MS. Couldn't find a club specific to MS, and since I'm 10 miles from the AL-MS border figured I'd try here first.

Meets Attended: None yet
Old 10-09-2017, 11:52 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Howdy, Chris!
Old 10-09-2017, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jumpman2k
Howdy, Chris!
Thanks! I'm in the market for an OEM AP1 exhaust if anyone wants to part with one. I've posted in the WTB section as well but thought I'd throw the request in here too.

Drove from Columbus to Atlanta and back this weekend. I was surprised at how nice of a drive I-20 is through Alabama. Wife and I are from NW Atlanta, and I'm actually looking forward to making that drive again. Little does she know our next trip will include a stop at Barber!
Old 10-18-2017, 07:03 AM

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

Welcome Chris! Barber is worth it!
Old 10-19-2017, 03:49 PM

Heyo that's what I've heard from quite a few folks. I had an RX-8 prior to the S2K that I was able to take to Road Atlanta a couple of times. The track bug bites hard and I'd really like to see what the Honda can do out there.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hey look at that! Another Chris who goes by crispy (I used to, at least).

I missed this when I joined the club beginning of the year.
Name: Chris West
S2Ki Name: happyhelix
Year: 2000
Color: Silverstone / Black interior
Email: Home - williamwest0520@gmail.com
General Info: I'm a programmer in Huntsville. I've been in love with the S2000 since 2008 or so, and I finally got my own in January. She's been around the block a few times, nearing a quarter of a million miles, but now I get to take care of her and treat her like my own.

Meets Missed: Dragon Road Trip 2017, July cruise
Old 12-06-2017, 04:30 AM

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by happyhelix
I missed this when I joined the club beginning of the year.
Name: Chris West
S2Ki Name: happyhelix
Welcome!
Old 01-22-2019, 07:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good day! First time posting. Picked up a '02 silver ext/black int with 72K in Kennesaw GA in the spring of '17. I was serving in the Air Force at Maxwell during the time. I've since retired and moved back to N. Alabama (where I grew up). I've got 79K on the car now. Only mods are a K&N air filter and a TWM piston shift knob https://www.twmperformance.com/shift...ton-shift-knob. I picked up some AP2V1 wheels but they're basically sitting in the garage right now. No immediate plans to use them as they'll need some refinishing and tires.

Appears I'm the 5th owner. Lived a sheltered life in Long Island NY for a few years (low mileage during those years) then moved to Georgia where it changed hands a few times before I picked it up from the last owner. Obviously not sure about the whole history but it appears to have been taken care of. The front cap has been repainted at some point as the VIN has been painted over on it. I'm guessing it to be original. All other panels are definitely correct for the car.

Anyway, my next step is to have the intake retainers replaced. I've been reading quite recently about them and due to it's unknown driving history I think it'll be money wisely spent. I assume I should post a new thread on this? Just looking for someone in the N. Alabama area that knows a good S2K guru. Not sure how the dealerships in Florence, Decatur, or Huntsville are. I'm assuming they don't see a big influx of these cars in the maintenance area. Just looking for some input.

Would like to hit the next cars/coffee and meet some other S2K owners (if there's a better spot let me know).

Thanks for reading!

Mark
Old 01-23-2019, 11:01 AM

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by 20S2K02
Good day! First time posting. (...)

Anyway, my next step is to have the intake retainers replaced. I've been reading quite recently about them and due to it's unknown driving history I think it'll be money wisely spent. I assume I should post a new thread on this? Just looking for someone in the N. Alabama area that knows a good S2K guru. Not sure how the dealerships in Florence, Decatur, or Huntsville are. I'm assuming they don't see a big influx of these cars in the maintenance area. Just looking for some input.

Would like to hit the next cars/coffee and meet some other S2K owners (if there's a better spot let me know).

Thanks for reading!

Mark
WELCOME!! - be sure to check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/alabamas2k/
SlowS2K is near Nashville would be a good choice for retainer replacement. I'd be happy to provide transportation so you could leave it with him for a bit.

Last edited by jeallen; 01-23-2019 at 11:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
20S2K02 (01-23-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 07:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks jeallen! I appreciate the generous offer and will check out the facebook page.

Quick Reply: Getting to know each other