S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Alabama S2000 Owners Club (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/alabama-s2000-owners-club-118/)
-   -   Looking for a Good S2000 Mechanic in Huntsville to Help with some Gremlin issues... (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/alabama-s2000-owners-club-118/looking-good-s2000-mechanic-huntsville-help-some-gremlin-issues-1194145/)

1FSTS2000 05-14-2019 05:30 AM

Looking for a Good S2000 Mechanic in Huntsville to Help with some Gremlin issues...

Had a Supercharger package installed by LHT performance back in August of Last Year (2018). Drove her home and around October I started getting some strange engine codes.
I can go through what they are but the current state is when she cranks up, it is running 10:1 on AF ratios even before she is warmed up. I have reflashed the ECM with my flash pro and
it has solved the problem a few times but now she just stays rich. Running a C38-92 with custom intake and return fuel system added back for the extra ponies (Tuned on 93 to 482WHP at 12:1 AF)
If you are curious about what John at LHT did on the car, look her up on YouTube with "482WHP" in the description.

I have had a few people state that my primary O2 sensor may have gone bad and cause my current issues, but I have also been told it might be a grounding issue.

So looking for some help in finding someone in huntsville to help me find and kill the gremlin that is plaguing me right now.

Looking forward to joining the Rocket City S2K group as well!

Will
GPW 2007 S2K

jeallen 05-14-2019 05:34 AM

Welcome!! Brett Whisenant at Fusionworks would be s good resource for you. If you’re on Facebook, be sure to join the Alabama S2k group.

1FSTS2000 05-14-2019 09:42 AM

Brent is penciling me in to figure out and exorcise my Gremlins to get her back to haulin ass again! :burnrubr:

Thanks for the Hook up for the Help!

Lucky7s 05-15-2019 05:21 AM

Recovered my Account!

Finally recovered my Original Account!

Original S2000 I owned was a NFR 2007 that I bought on July 7 of 2007 (hence the name Lucky7s), sold it because I had to start driving a ridiculous amount of miles every day.
(use to only be 3 miles from work so I daily drove my NFR 2007)

I now own the GPW 2007 with a Factory hardtop! (got lucky!)

Will

Lucky7s 06-24-2019 07:55 AM

Update... 24 Jun 2019

Going through the System found a MAP fault and traced it back to the ECM to see if it was a wiring issue. Couldn't find anything wrong with the wiring harness or any of the wiring, check the connectors on the ECM for bent pens from the previous owner who ran a inline VTEC controller and found nothing, then.. the Check engine lights all went out and now for a week she is running no problems. Any suggestions? Run her til problems present themselves again? Replace the ECM? Replace the underdash wiring harness that goes to the engine bay?

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

2007 GPW S2K
C38-92 Kraftwerks Kit with lots a mods...

jeallen 06-24-2019 03:45 PM

Maybe the ECM connector just needed to be re-seated?

Lucky7s 06-25-2019 12:11 PM

Gremlins... oh those Damn Gremlins.....

Well I was hoping that was it but one of the initial problems that reared its head 2 miles from LHT's shop happened again yesterday.

One of the cylinders just cut out and it was definitely running on 3 cylinders, He pulled her in and cut her off, went to get some test tools, came back and cranked it back up.

Poof...running normal, no problems, purring like a kitten. :banghead: I truly think the ECM is just damaged some how from the previous owners inline VTEC controller
and has intermittent problems. I have a replacement ECM that bryant brothers could use if determines that is the cause.

jeallen 06-26-2019 06:14 AM

deoxit

Originally Posted by Lucky7s (Post 24616411)
Well I was hoping that was it but one of the initial problems that reared its head 2 miles from LHT's shop happened again yesterday.

One of the cylinders just cut out and it was definitely running on 3 cylinders, He pulled her in and cut her off, went to get some test tools, came back and cranked it back up.

Poof...running normal, no problems, purring like a kitten. :banghead: I truly think the ECM is just damaged some how from the previous owners inline VTEC controller
and has intermittent problems. I have a replacement ECM that bryant brothers could use if determines that is the cause.

I am no expert here, my background is computer systems engineering. Having said that, if the problem is intermittent, I would suspect heat or vibration issues. Yes the ECU could be bad (bad solder joint), but electronics tend to be a go-no-go item. I would thoroughly clean and inspect ground straps and use some Caig deoxit on ECU connectors. If you like we can arrange a date here (PM me), I know where many of the ground points are.

Lucky7s 06-26-2019 10:27 AM

Oh it is at Bryant Brother Performance in Decatur right now! They are very well versed in Honda Kraftwerk systems and high HP turbo hondas (he runs a 8.2 second 178 MPH civic himself). He has been through the grounds already and cleaned the ECM connectors as well. He was driving the car when the issue occurred so possibly he may have found the issue and hopefully the fix. Supposed to check in with him later today to find out any additional information.

Btw, Yes when idling for long periods of time, she would start to want to cut out or quit altogether until I could get rolling again. Which points to a heat issue, but in over two weeks, that hasn't reared its head. Just want the Gremlins to die!!!:chainsaw:

Lucky7s 07-03-2019 11:03 AM

Well it seems we have found the gremlin and summarily squashed that bugger. My wiring to my #4 cylinder ID1000 was basically hosed. She was running fine, took her for a blast out in front of the shop, came back missing, we pulled the number 4 injector off, no change.

Clay Bryant started messing with the wiring on the #4 injector and the problem went away, and then came back. He should be finished up today fixing the wiring issue. Crazy thing is this was a problem 2 miles away from the shop that installed my kit and they messed with my injectors, drove it around and said they couldn't find a problem must have been a errant coil pack or something was my explanation.

Just very happy that I will soon have my car back and take her to the Bryant Brothers Performance Dyno Days this Saturday to laydown a dyno run. :drive: