Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio
View Poll Results: what kind of Fall Colors 2013 would you be interested in?
No interest 0$
0%
Only interested in a group drive (I'll cover my own expenses)
33.33%
Lets have a gathering for drive and dinner. (small fee with catered dinner)
33.33%
Full blown, three day event with vendors, track, and mini events (event fee, dinner, track fee?, door prizes, etc.)
33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Any interest in a Fall 2013 event?

Old 10-04-2012, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any interest in a Fall 2013 event?

Well, I will try and make this short and sweet. Next May I retire - finally after 41 years, I can pull the pin and do what I love, and that involves this car. As many of you may know, I have spent many days running to Dragon events in North Carolina. They were the largest gathering of S2000 cars in the East coast, if not the entire U.S. But this year, Wake the Dragon, and it's fall counterpart,"Dragon Ball Run" closed and willno longer be held. Everytime I went to these events, I wanted to somehow, export the experience to Western PA. Of course, there is no road anywhere like the Dragon, but there are some significantly beautiful drives in West Pa.

In fall of 2004, i believe, "Fall Colors" was held at Cranberry. It was my first S2K event, and if "hooked" me. I would like to gauge interest in the Allegheny community in recreating that event experience. Please be honest, and indicate if you would be interested in helping organize the event, and help with various duties. Any ideas, contacts, or suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

By any chance was this the huge S2000 meeting at the Marriott on 228 in Cranberry? If so, I remember it and a couple of my friends and I stopped and walked around for awhile.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by S2000Beers
By any chance was this the huge S2000 meeting at the Marriott on 228 in Cranberry? If so, I remember it and a couple of my friends and I stopped and walked around for awhile.
In deed it was - as I remember there were nearly 200 S2000's at that event - there were 8 drive groups, and a the group pic event was at Beaver Run Motorsport complex with all of them doing a parade lap together - by color - it was awesome!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:01 PM

O there were so many S2000s, it was awesome! We walked around the lot for a long time checking them out.

I do remember people talking of a cruise and an event at BeaveRun.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:19 AM

Dave,it's great to see you back and posting, we've missed you. i am always up for getting together for a drive and dinner within the club, but i don't feel like working to put an event on of this magnitude. i've been chair for two Spring Flings and that was enough for me. Next Sunday we're meeting in Grove City girls can either shop or ride than out for a late lunch. It would be great to see you again.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Community Organizer

Def. interested in this event.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jumpy Guy
Dave,it's great to see you back and posting, we've missed you. i am always up for getting together for a drive and dinner within the club, but i don't feel like working to put an event on of this magnitude. i've been chair for two Spring Flings and that was enough for me. Next Sunday we're meeting in Grove City girls can either shop or ride than out for a late lunch. It would be great to see you again.

I wish I could make the drive, but things are very tough for time right now - Sundays are pretty much out for me and my last few months at work are very busy - I must complete way too many projects this month. Plus, it looks like our union will be striking next month and then my life really goes to hell. Have agreat drive and thanks for the interest!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A big event would be nice but, realistically for me it is hard to commit to any large scale help. Like most people these days, hard enough to find time to sleep let alone take on more. I've got the usual middle-age load, O.T. at work, elderly dependant parent, the normal daily B.S. & especially at this time of year getting a house & 4 vehicles ready for winter. Sorry, I vote to keep it simple.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:39 PM

Like many people, I would love to help out I am just not sure how much time I can actually commit.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm in to help if needed.

In the Pittsburgh area, pm me if you need hands on help I'll definitely do what I can!

Ian Moore
Pittsburgh

Quick Reply: Any interest in a Fall 2013 event?