Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

Caravan to Tomcatt

Old 06-05-2011, 05:35 AM

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Caravan to Tomcatt

There was some interest in meeting up and heading down to Marietta for the Tomcatt. Not sure what would be the best way for the Pitt's area folks to head South and then West to Marietta. I'm going South (in Ohio) on Rt. 11, pick up Rt. 7 South to Rt. 70 and going West to exit #208 (Rt.149). From there we can pick up Rt. 26 at the top and drive South to Marietta.
It's 1 1/2 hour drive from my house to exit 208 on Rt. 70, then another 2 hours on Rt. 26 to Marietta.

Probably the best meeting place would be at the BP gas station just off Rt. 70 Exit 208 on (Rt. 149), HOW DOES NOON SOUND FOR MEETING AT THIS LOCATION ON FRIDAY JUNE 17th.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll meet up wherever you guys want to. I'm thinking that might be a little early, just wondering what there is to do in Marietta, OH after we arrive at 2:00?

I'll go along with whatever is best for everyone (well almost anything--- better add a disclaimer, I forgot Maury is involved with this )
Old 06-05-2011, 10:46 AM

They will have a place for us to wash cars, and we may need it by the time we get there. If we meet at noon it should put us in Marietta around 3:00 as there are a couple of stops we could make, time to check in, clean car, yourself and it will be close to dinner time.
I like to be there around check in time, clean the car and greet the other arrivals.

I will go along with what the group decides as far as meeting time.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ok, 12:00 works for me.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Community Organizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My mini caravan will be leaving early and can possibly meet up. Still not sure on our timing. Since we are leaving the run early on Saturday to head back to Pittsburgh we were talking about driving the portion we would miss on Friday on the way in. My small group at this point is myself, Jumpy Guy, and S-Cargo plus our + 1s.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by HannibalACP82
Since we are leaving the run early on Saturday to head back to Pittsburgh we were talking about driving the portion we would miss on Friday on the way in. My small group at this point is myself, Jumpy Guy, and S-Cargo plus our + 1s.
Exactly, that is why this would be the best place to meet. From there we are doing the last half of the drive (the part you will miss when leaving early).
Old 06-06-2011, 05:38 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by spt-s2k
Exactly, that is why this would be the best place to meet. From there we are doing the last half of the drive (the part you will miss when leaving early).
I just finished putting everything in to Google Maps to get a feel for the drive and I see what you are talking about....duh! My caravan which inclued Myself and Jumpy Guy for sure and possible S-Cargo is shooting for arriving at the hotel closer to 4. If you and DriveAholic want to meet at the exit around 12 that's fine but we will probably shoot for later in the day. My +1 is my old man and Jumpy Guys +1 is my Uncle so we need to still work out schedule out 100%.

I will keep you guys posted!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:26 AM

Sam, as you know if it were up to me I would meet you at anytime. But since I'm in the mentally challenged group I have to wait and see what Hannibal wants to do. I'll know for sure after my doctor's appt. next Tuesday.
I also remember when Drivaholic was a nice guy, now he's a smartass like everyone else that knows me.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:44 PM

Hey guys. As someone who has spent alot of time in Marietta and the Ohio Valley in general, I can tell you its a very cool little college/river town with a fairly decent night life. If you're looking for Italian food, theres a great restaurant called Da Vinci's right acoess the Williamstown Bridge in WV. Great food with a nice bar as well. http://www.villadavinci.com/ For those leaving from Pittsburgh, as far as the drive, I would recommend one of 2 ways. Take 22 into Steubenville then jump on 7 south and follow the Ohio River all the way down into Marietta. Not a bad drive. Just be careful going through the small towns and obey the speed limits. I got nailed in Powhatten point a few years ago by a local cop. They survey speeders pretty well in the town limits. The other option is to take rt. 2 into WV just before you get into Steubenville. Take it all the way to St. Marys WV then cross the bridge and hook up with rt. 7 about 20 miles north of Marietta. . This also winds down through the Ohio River Valley, mostly 2 lane with lots of passing areas. Very nice smooth road. I prefer 2 over 7, but thats just me. If you do take rt. 2 just be very careful going through Friendly, WV. This town actually made R&T's worst speed trap town one year. Wave to all the tiny Ford dealers you see on rt. 2 and know trhat the villain has been to each of them over 242 times (but who's counting??!!) in the last 10 years.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by spt-s2k

Originally Posted by Jumpy Guy
Sam, as you know if it were up to me I would meet you at anytime. But since I'm in the mentally challenged group I have to wait and see what Hannibal wants to do. I'll know for sure after my doctor's appt. next Tuesday.
Sam,
It will take us about 2 hours from Monroeville to reach that point. We will be shooting for 2pm. If that is too late I understand. Sorry Maury but my old man doesn't want to leave too early and since I am taking him as a Father's Day gift and you are stuck with us because of his bum ankle I am playing by his schedule. He really wants to get in to town with enough time to check in, grab a shower, and meet the group for dinner.

Quick Reply: Caravan to Tomcatt