Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

Valve Adjustment at Baierl Honda?

Old 08-19-2011, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valve Adjustment at Baierl Honda?

Hey yinz guys....i know im a stranger. Please insert retorts here:

My s2 at 50k has never had a valve adjustment and has a pretty good "chatter". After watching a youtube video posted on s2ki i think its time to get a valve adjust.

Baeirl seemed a little clueless on the phone when i called. Anybody had it done there? or any recommendations? I know its not difficult to do but the last time i did maintenance i dropped my oil cap behind the engine and my shop had to drop the tranny to get it out....so....i stay away.

thanks....
Old 08-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by SteelCityS2

My s2 at 50k has never had a valve adjustment and has a pretty good "chatter". After watching a youtube video posted on s2ki i think its time to get a valve adjust.

Baeirl seemed a little clueless on the phone when i called. Anybody had it done there? or any recommendations? I know its not difficult to do but the last time i did maintenance i dropped my oil cap behind the engine and my shop had to drop the tranny to get it out....so....i stay away.

thanks....
Welcome back stranger. Come knocking only when you need something...I see how it is!

I haven't had to deal with the valves yet but your best chances are asking (or waiting for them to pop in to this thread) Spt-S2K, S-Cargo (both high mileage S2Ks and long term owners) or LineSuper (his engine has been torn apart more times then any of us can remember). Sorry I can't do more than point you in the right direction.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:56 PM

thanks....

Hey Steel. How ya been? Call Billy @ Baierl Honda in service. His direct line is 724-940-2132. Tell him you talked to Aldo and he said that you should have Wayne Pirt do the valve adjustment. He is a 15 year Honda tech who knows his stuff. Unfortunately, there are 2 other service wriers there that cant think outside the box if you call looking for anything more than a scheduled maintanance or a state inpection. Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Community Organizer

Aldo with the save! Check your email sir!
Old 08-23-2011, 05:59 AM

"He is a 15 year Honda tech who knows his stuff......"

Why would you want to call a 15 year old tech? No wonder Aldo's car is never at drives he has a kid working on his car.
I vote that no more information be passed on to "dance man" until he comes back to this merry band of nuts. Great hearing from you Steel, try and join us on the 10th, with you and Suprfunguy it will be a great day.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:03 AM

Bam! Thanks Aldo!! 15 year old tech - hes like the doogie howser of car repair!
Old 08-23-2011, 12:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any time I went to Baierl Honda I got bad service and stupid people....now I just stay away from the stealership
Old 08-23-2011, 04:59 PM

I will relay that to the service manager there when I see him on Friday. I do think youre right. When my S was brand new, I noticed a small leak from the oil drain plug. I stopped in to make an appt. to get it looked at and the one service writer (who is still there) said (with a whole lot of attitude) I should bring it back to the dealer where I bought it to get the warranty work done. I told him I bought the car on Ebay from Scholfield Honda in Witchita, Kansas. I said, buddy, you are wrong about that and I would have bought the car here if your crack sales dept. would have come down to the $29,999 that I paid. Baierl, at that time, refused my offer and said they could sell every one they had at sticker price. So, long story short, I stepped down 2 desks and waited for Billy to get off the phone and had the appt. made. Havent dealt with anyone else there since. Sad thing is, there are so many people in the auto industry that are in a customer relations type job, that have no business being there. Gives dealers a really bad name. Imagine if me, Hannibal and Maury ran that service department. Women would want US and men would want to be US!
Old 08-24-2011, 10:05 AM

Aldo,

I put a note in my drop envelope and Billy called me back. He was great - said Wayne thought valves sounded fine. Which was honest cause i was thinking they were rattling and would have plunked down the $ for the adjustment. Otherwise getting all the fluids drained and filled. Kinda like when Maurey goes to the oriental massage parlor in breezewood. It will probably will be the heaviest bill i have yet to pay which will still be a fraction im sure of the new apple of my eye - the boxster s.

Aldo - you da man - thank you!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:10 PM

Aldo,

I put a note in my drop envelope and Billy called me back. He was great - said Wayne thought valves sounded fine. Which was honest cause i was thinking they were rattling and would have plunked down the $ for the adjustment. Otherwise getting all the fluids drained and filled. Kinda like when Maurey goes to the oriental massage parlor in breezewood. It will probably will be the heaviest bill i have yet to pay which will still be a fraction im sure of the new apple of my eye - the boxster s.

Aldo - you da man - thank you!
I asked you a number of times NOT to mention the massage parlor, well at least you didn't mention that I have a gold card there. I think for all of the work that Aldo went through to get your car fixed and all of the aggravation I go through just knowing you, you have to make the drive on the 10th.

Quick Reply: Valve Adjustment at Baierl Honda?