Announcements Official Site Related Announcements and News

Post Upgrade issues

Old 03-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Former Moderator

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The past THREE days have been a bit boring without S2Ki but I'm sure things will be back to normal and better than ever

If you happen to come by a checkbox or are able to enable a link on the mobile site to the regular site that would be fantastic. My iPhone is stuck in mobile browsing hell thanks a bunch
Old 03-01-2011, 06:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Are the local forum badges going to be restored?
I miss the old layout already too!
Old 03-01-2011, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing that Ive noticed that I dont like is how there is a limit of pictures you can post per post it was 10 and I think its raised but it needs to be raised to like 40-50 or not have a limit.

It effects peoples build threads and other threads and im sure people dont want to delete pix or make a new thread.

I cant adjust my build thread topic name or anything unless I get rid of pix , pix that go along with my timeline of work.

Will this be fixed?
Old 03-01-2011, 06:54 PM

I hate this! to tried, you FAILED BIG TIME!
Old 03-01-2011, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by macr88
The past THREE days have been a bit boring without S2Ki but I'm sure things will be back to normal and better than ever

Thanks for the hard work doing the upgrade - from experience I know they can be hell.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey linesuper, how bout you learn some tact. If you don't like something how about you simply inform them about what you think could be different. They outlined the main problems and whats being done to fix it. At least give them the time to get the upgrade completed and functioning properly. A blindly insulting post like that is nearly deserving of a ban in my opinion, especially when dealing with the people that keep this site up and operating!

To the guys working on this thanks for the info, I would agree making this thread more visible to everyone would be beneficial since it outlines all the issues I have felt and have seen others discussing. Also locking it so that its purely informational would probably be for the better as well. Thanks for everything!
Old 03-01-2011, 10:11 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

So far so good. Although I do miss the MyS2ki

I am curious. will we always have to type foobee.s2ki.com/s2000 in order to access the forums? Will old links be restored? (bookmarks etc)
Old 03-02-2011, 12:41 AM

Received 970 Likes on 664 Posts

Bad: No badges, 40 post display limit, no "Last Post Read" tracking, no Friends list (yeah, the few I had are gone), people who just joined smart-mouthing people who have been here for a long time, no personal messenger, no "MyS2Ki", no Return to Top command button at command line at bottom of posts.

Good: No longer takes 30 minutes to load a forum.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:49 AM

Any updates on the ETA for the recovery of PM's and such?
Old 03-02-2011, 04:52 AM

Hey SLracer - you don't have an S2KI event being sabotoged by a website going nuclear. I have about a thousand dollors riding on an event for WTD that now has all my information, including sponsers requests, donations, and info tied up in an inaccessable site. To add insult to injury, I get an e-mail for every post to every topic I subscribed to, which are enough, inspite of the limited function of this site to put 100's of spam mail in my companies server. But as a bonus, S2KI won't have to ban me, as my co's admin is likely to ban S2KI as a result. So, my cryptic, negetive comments are not based on petulant inconveniece. I stand to loose investment, access, and communication with the people the event and our community depend on to survive. I'm am glad that I can at least get on the site this morning, but if this is an improvement, well, the old adage "If it isn't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind.

Quick Reply: Post Upgrade issues