Announcements Official Site Related Announcements and News

Rules Revisited - New site format

Old 04-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Former Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
Default Rules Revisited - New site format

This is a reminder to all visitors of S2Ki, the site rules have not changed since or because of the new site upgrade. https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/648998-the-rules/

We have many new features and fun things to use because of the upgrade. Specifially, the status update section on the right hand side of your screen. This area is not to be used for any spam. This area is not a classified section. Please do not use this area to post your ads, or request people to PM you about your item. Please continue to use the appropriate forums for all your selling needs.

Have fun!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HondaGal
This is a reminder to all visitors of S2Ki, the site rules have not changed since or because of the new site upgrade. https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/648998-the-rules/

We have many new features and fun things to use because of the upgrade. Specifially, the status update section on the right hand side of your screen. This area is not to be used for any spam. This area is not a classified section. Please do not use this area to post your ads, or request people to PM you about your item. Please continue to use the appropriate forums for all your selling needs.

Have fun!
Hondagal,

Speaking of following the forum rules... There is a sticky in the for sale section that specifies a format for a listing where a member is to post location, method of contact and a couple of other important listing details. MANY do not follow the rules and do not list this information. On other boards/forums a "members" thread can be locked if not following the format.

Not that I want to be the guy to bring it up, but it's annoying not to know the name and location of someone that I am potentially sending 100's or 1000's of dollars to. This is a benefit to members and guests a like. An organized FS section always attracts hits to the site and potential guest paying in to become members, this can also be looked at a way to increase board revenue

I hope as owner you are able to gain control of this.

Thank you,

Ivan
Old 04-24-2011, 11:12 AM

While an organized for sale section would be ideal and might attract more hits, being to strict such as locking threads when the seller omitted some information might drive people away as well. If anything was to change, seperate sections in the forsale area should be made such as Wheels and Tires, Electronic, etc.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Vi37573r
While an organized for sale section would be ideal and might attract more hits, being to strict such as locking threads when the seller omitted some information might drive people away as well. If anything was to change, seperate sections in the forsale area should be made such as Wheels and Tires, Electronic, etc.
I disagree that it may drive people away, Boards like supraforums, club Lexus, my350z, and a couple others are very strict and yet are safe communities. Some of these boards make you take a picture of the item with your screen name to insure that your not false advertising. They don't lock a thread instantly, the seller gets a warning and an opportunity to correct it. If after several days to a week it's not corrected then the privilege to sell is suspended(locked thread).

This feels like a gated community with the gate code grafitied to the wall. It feels safe because you pay in but then you still have no clue who your dealing with.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Safety is an illusion. I'm not going to guarantee you aren't going to get burned anymore than you would do the same for me or anyone else. The only people who can rip you off are the ones you trust. I suggest you share that trust sparingly and be vigilant. To dress up the classifieds as being more secure or members as more trustworthy than they may actually be is only going to setup a situation where you trust people beyond what you should have and perhaps would have without that misplaced assurance of trust.

We get very few complaints about fraud; almost none. That doesn't imply anything but it does call into question what we might gain by "fixing" it. If there was a significant problem or if it became a significant problem and we got more than a couple of cases a year then I assure you we would be working to resolve it ASAP.

I seriously doubt that any of the sites you mention have a lower crime rate. There are many things I'd like to improve about the classified system to make it more useful but fraud and misdealing are a function of the members, not the rules or the software. The mandatory items you mention are designed to make the ads more useful for browsers, not to offer any sort of legitimacy. We can't punish people who don't post pictures of their wheels (or whatever).

As a buyer you should demand to see photos of what you are buying especially detailed pictures of the flaws so you aren't surprised when they arrive. We can't make sure that the photos that someone posts are real, true or show the whole picture.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:51 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree with the suggestion. Lock for sale threads that aren't following format. Of course, send a notification and an allowance time for correcting a mistake. Its a simple format. And needs to be followed for the sake of consistency.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:13 AM

Without going off into tangents, like we did on post#4 and post#5, the suggestion is simple like EKPLIPZ98 just mentioned.

The rule is already stickied on the for sale sub-forum. Its matter of the moderators, owners, and administrators, ENFORCING an already EXISTING rule.

I dont think its much to ask and is pretty consistent with the original message of this thread....

This is a reminder to all visitors of S2Ki, the site rules have not changed since or because of the new site upgrade...
Old 08-02-2011, 10:07 PM

I see there's a chat. Tried to go in once and I was denied.. Any reason?
Old 08-03-2011, 07:28 AM
Administrator

Received 166 Likes on 135 Posts

The chat is only accessible to members. Members are those who have purchased a membership. Membership options are located in the drop down menu when you click on your username in the top right of the screen.