Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Anyone live in or around Buckeye?

Old 04-06-2006, 11:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone live in or around Buckeye?

Let me start by introducing myself, my name is Chris. My fiance and I are considering relocating out to Az from So Cal. We'd prefer the West side of town so we've been looking online and there are nice sized houses for decent prices out in Buckeye. I grew up in Phoenix and Glendale, but left about 10 years ago. Back then, Buckeye was a little Main St surrounded by farming and not really the best place to live. Has it changed that much? We're also considering Suprise as that's where her parents live, but that might be a little too close for comfort if you know what I mean. Thanks.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Chris,

I live in Goodyear, east of Buckeye. The traffic on I-10 is out of control. I wouldn't even consider moving to Buckeye if you work in the Phoenix area. If you don't have to commute though, there are bargains to be had. Buckeye has amassed a land area the size of Phoenix and have big plans for the future. If they follow through and do it right you will see nice, controlled growth and appreciation in the future.

I don't know much about Surprise except all the snowbirds drive through it very slowly and they have a nice ballpark if you're into spring training games.

Kirk

Old 04-06-2006, 01:01 PM

Chris - I live in Sundance. That's I-10 & Watson Road. 3 bedroom 2 bath houses with concrete shingle or tile roofs, stuco exterior, 2 car garage on an 1/8 acre non-golf course view lot start at about $200,000. The commute from any newly developed fringe suburb is probably lousy. We have a Frys in the area with Chinese restaurant and Pizza. Anything else is 20 minutes down the road.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:49 PM

Cool, thanks for the replies. Most of our work requires out of state travel, so I'm not too concerned about the commuting. My fiance will actually be commuting back and forth to So Cal every-other week and my work usually takes me to Vegas mostly, but also LA and San Francisco. If we do end up out there, I look forward to meeting you all. There seems to be a friendly S2000 community out there.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:19 AM

Chris - When you live in a fringe suburb, it is a long way to prime entertainment and shopping. Scottsdale has the most restaurants, clubs & shopping. If I want to go to Greasewoods flats (burgers out doors around open pit fires and with live entertainment) I got to drive 60 miles one-way. However it is nice to buy a brand new house and make all the choices the builder will allow. New stuff is energy efficient and under warrantee if it does break. The Northeast area has lusher desert, more hills and peaks, and you don't drive into the sun morning and evening. BTW I like it here but I do get tired of the 110 degree heat June through September, running has to be done before sunrise. Currently there are a record number of builder spec homes built to finish out a parcel of phase. You can ask and get refrigerators, swim pools and upgrade counters, if you commit to one of these. Lots of luck in making your decision.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:31 AM

To speak for the "younger" crowd, Buckeye....well, maybe lower buckeye area is REALLY ghetto. Kinda dangerous. I really dont like the area but maybe someone can correct me on the specific Buckeye area we're talkin about.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Richee,Apr 8 2006, 10:31 AM
To speak for the "younger" crowd, Buckeye....well, maybe lower buckeye area is REALLY ghetto. Kinda dangerous. I really dont like the area but maybe someone can correct me on the specific Buckeye area we're talkin about.
Hey! Whats not to like about the Sheep Station Restaurant and the combo liquor and payroll check cashing store? Besides there is a Farm & Butchers Market for your grocery shopping.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:29 PM

I live in Avondale next to richee, if you have to drive into phoenix get ready to sit in traffic because the lanes merge and causes traffic to slow down alot. I also thought about buying a house in buckeye because they have great prices but its alonger drive out and in with nothing much going on. At least where I live right now everything is around. Good Luck.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:55 PM

We're probably going to head out there in the next couple weeks to check it out. I'm not really concerned w/ the traffic as I'm not usually driving during rush hour times. As far as the heat, I grew up in Phx and also lived in Vegas so I'm pretty used to it. I'm ready to get out of the snow.

We were thinking Buckeye because it's a pretty good commuting point for us to get back and forth to Cali and pretty close to the 303 for me to get up to Vegas. Honestly I prefer living on the outskirts of town, less people and less city lights, more open spaces. I'm just concerned with the quality of people in the area. That's one of the reasons we left Vegas, we had friends being robbed and murdered and we were constantly being stolen from.

Thanks again for the replies. We're also considering the Goodyear area, but I also really like Suprise. Everybody seems very nice up there, but they drive soooo slooooow.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:22 PM

[QUOTE=1FastS2k,Apr 9 2006, 12:55 PM] We're probably going to head out there in the next couple weeks to check it out.

Quick Reply: Anyone live in or around Buckeye?