Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Best Flashpro Tuner?

Old 03-19-2016, 02:55 PM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven622
Originally Posted by Boofster' timestamp='1458421441' post='23913611
Don't do that remote bullshit.

Just throw some money at Tony and get it done right.

If you have a stock car, I think it comes with a base flash. May be good enough for you. You can probably get a base file for free from anyone.

Vit is going to be flying down to tune my car in a week or so. I'm going to be posting the results. Also yes, I'm retuning my car. If you want I'm sure he would have enough time to tune your car too. I'll be doing my car on Locash's dyno.
I would elaborate a bit more on what you told/showed me on why your car is being retuned. I'm trying to stay out of this tuner debate because it always ends up in a shit slinging match, but I have a very hard time watching people recommend Tony after seeing Nicks and now your tunes and your displeasure with them. Not to mention the surprising costs.

I know tuning an N/A S2000 on Flashpro is much simpler and safer, however I'm not a huge fan of puting money in peoples pockets who half ass tunes when there is someone out there who does it better.

Do you know the date Vit will be in town? I've got a Flashpro that I have been sitting on for quite a while, maybe it's time to have the CR tuned.

For what it's worth Vit tuned my AP1 on ITBs and he did a fantastic job. I didn't have any complaints, and I will continue to use him for my tuning needs on my other S2000s.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Feezy
Originally Posted by Steven622' timestamp='1458427278' post='23913678
[quote name='Boofster' timestamp='1458421441' post='23913611']

Just throw some money at Tony and get it done right.

If you have a stock car, I think it comes with a base flash. May be good enough for you. You can probably get a base file for free from anyone.

Vit is going to be flying down to tune my car in a week or so. I'm going to be posting the results. Also yes, I'm retuning my car. If you want I'm sure he would have enough time to tune your car too. I'll be doing my car on Locash's dyno.
I would elaborate a bit more on what you told/showed me on why your car is being retuned. I'm trying to stay out of this tuner debate because it always ends up in a shit slinging match, but I have a very hard time watching people recommend Tony after seeing Nicks and now your tunes and your displeasure with them.

I know tuning an N/A S2000 on Flashpro is much simpler and safer, however I'm not a huge fan of puting money in peoples pockets who half ass tunes when there is someone out there who does it better.

Do you know the date Vit will be in town? I've got a Flashpro that I have been sitting on for quite a while, maybe it's time to have the CR tuned.
[/quote]

It was good seeing you again man!

I'll give you a ride once it's retuned. I'd give you a ride in the current setup but I think you'd be bored. I'm not going to post anything publicly until I have a hard data log, and graphs to show the before and after so people can't say anything.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:16 PM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

Pretty harsh words for what's a proven good tune and tuner. Got data to back up your profane post?

-- Chuck
Old 03-19-2016, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah Joe at Locash is cool but not sure if he does s2k's.

Who else do we have, Richard at Dynocomp, Tim at SRD, and Vit if/when he's in town. (Anyone else?)

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Pretty harsh words for what's a proven good tune and tuner. Got data to back up your profane post?
-- Chuck
If it works for you, that's great. I'm just forwarding what I've been told by the 4/5 people around here who've done this.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curious what the ums/tony issues are. I've had nothing but very happy results with him. And unlike (i presume) the vast, vast majority of s2ki.com users, I've got around 9000 extremely hard actual track miles on both my turbo nsx and turbo s2k. That, plus 35000 or so total miles onn the tunes.

And please don't try the "i don't track but i drive just as hard." no, you don't.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Gernby tune. Done on the road where the car is subject to road resistance at all four wheels and wind Resistance rather than just a fan blowing at the radiator.

Very detailed and not just tuned for maximum horse power. I think mine took 21 (or maybe 28) "pulls" with different calibrations followed by confirmation after a "final" tune.

Need some clear roads and about an hour for each set of pulls. Data goes to Gernby and he sends back the next set.

Highly recommended. Transformed my car.

Mid range power significantly increased.

-- Chuck
Really good reviews. https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/103...for-06-s2000s/
Old 03-20-2016, 05:39 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

I have no doubt there are good local tuners for our cars. I also have no doubt my Gernby tune is not BS. Nice to have choices. For less than $100 try Gernby and verify it on a dyno. Mine dynoed at 221whp on a (conservative) Mustang dyno.

An experienced S2000 owner refers to it as a "beast" after the tune Felt much quicker to me too. Revs so fast in lower gears I installed the Modifry shift beeper to help me stop slamming the rev limiter so often. Beeps spread out at 300rpm intervals sound like an alarm bell, not a beeper.

-- Chuck
Old 03-20-2016, 07:03 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Boofster
Yeah Joe at Locash is cool but not sure if he does s2k's.

Who else do we have, Richard at Dynocomp, Tim at SRD, and Vit if/when he's in town. (Anyone else?)
I think that's it, and from what I've seen it really comes down to either Tony at UMS or Vitt.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:50 AM

No skin in this game but i did a couple remote tune sessions on my Ford gt with satisfactory results
Old 03-20-2016, 10:44 AM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

I got mine done through Vit on a dyno and very pleased at the results. He provides excelemt service and follow up on retunes. The advantage of UMS, DynoComp, or Locash would be there are all in town tuners. In the end on a NA car with bolt ons the difference between these different tuners is probably not statistically significant. Others may argue this. Customer satisfaction, service recovery, and pricing differences are probably the items that set them apart.

I'm running a borrowed UMS map until I can get a retune since I got my exhaust. i find the UMS tune pulls smooth in the midrange and Vits tune pulls strong in high RPM's. These are my basic comments from the butt dyno.

Quick Reply: Best Flashpro Tuner?