Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Car Club Website

Old 10-22-2009, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Club Website

For those of you who don't already know, I am a Web Programmer for Fender Musical Instruments (you know, the famous american guitars?). That said, I recently had an inspiration for a new website that I want to make on my personal time and could use some input, as it is pertinent to car lovers everywhere.

Essentially, I am going to develop a car club website, for various car clubs across the globe to join and use this site as the medium for communication with the rest of their car club and to other car clubs; think of it as a FaceBook/MySpace for car clubs.

Here are some of the ideas and features I have in store for what this site will do and have:
  • Create a Club (set membership fees, create permissions for different levels of members, car limitations to join, etc)
  • Club Divisions (for large clubs, such as s2ki that needs to break down to subdivisions/regions)
  • Join a Club (A spot for users to join a club that exists; they can fill out a form for approval, or automatic acceptance depending on what the car club owner configures when they Create a Club)
  • My Garage (Detailed information and photos about all the user's cars including modifications)
  • My Clubbers (Similar to the "Friends" system on FaceBook/MySpace
  • Meet-Ups (Detailed, organized and official meet up list with attendance roster, calendar, meetup spot with google maps, attendance fees).
  • Events (Detailed organized and official upcoming events for the car club with attendance roster, attendance fees, calendar, meetup spot with google maps, detailed layout of the event schedule, etc).
  • Club Runs & Cruises (Detailed information about the cruise, where and when its starting, where we're driving to, any events that we are doing during this cruise/run, etc)
  • Club Challenges (Detailed information about the challenge, prize, entry fees, meetup spot with google maps. This doesn't have to be car related; it could be a go-cart racing challenge, and fees/prizes are optional, of course)
  • Club vs Club (Detailed information about the challenge, prize, entry fees, what track it will take place, etc. Fees and prizes are optional, of course)
  • Club Sponsors (A spot for sponsors of a club to get in advertisements and such, and for clubs to show off who is sponsoring them.
  • Club Store (A spot for club owners to run a store and sell products to the club members at discount/club prices).
  • Club Shops (Shops recommended by the car club, with informationa bout who to speak to, phone number, address, google map, discount prices, what this shop is good at doing, etc)
  • Club Tech Days (A spot to schedule tech days, with an attendance roster including what the user will be doing, what they will be driving, etc
  • Sightings (Detailed information of sightings of club and non-club members, including where they were spotted with google maps, what they were driving, when they were seen, and a comments section. this section will of course only be viewable to club members, for privacy)
  • Forums (An open-ended forum board for casual chat across the entire community, not just one specific car club)
To be clear, this site will not be created to condone street racing or any other illegal activity of any kind. But it is being created to stimulate more activity and excitement not just within a given club, but between car clubs across the country.

So what I would like from you guys is some ideas on what else this website should have or do, or maybe even if it does too much or I need to take something off.

Thanks for your input :-)
Old 10-22-2009, 01:20 PM

first thing i would do if i were you is write a post to tell us what you are talking about
Old 10-22-2009, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by 9KRDLIN,Oct 22 2009, 02:20 PM
first thing i would do if i were you is write a post to tell us what you are talking about
If you actually read what i typed, you would see i was talking about a website I was planning on making for car clubs.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:37 PM

sorry, i just realized my comp is not displaying your posts... please hold while i restart, and then fix the problem so i can give you crappy advice/offer you a blender
Old 10-22-2009, 01:42 PM

ok, comp fixed. now i can see your post. restart was all i needed anyways it sounds like a great idea. getting people to jump on from their other websites (s2ki.com for example) will be the hard part. might i offer you a blender to help you get started. or we could offer them as a sign up bonus...
Old 10-22-2009, 02:40 PM

Oh cool. No worries. Maybe you're computer got mad that you were offering me a blender and not it a blender?

Cool. Well thank you for the input. It would be cool to pull users from the main site, put them on this site. Im hopping to also do personalized domains, like:

s2ki.whatever.com

and allow visual customization and what not. to make it feel like YOUR site. I'm open to ideas. The other thought is to let it be extensible. Meaning, instead of replacing s2ki.com it would become an extension of it.

I don't know, I'm open to ideas and suggestions, but you raise a very good point: how do I get people to jump from theirs to this one!
Old 10-23-2009, 07:16 AM

Toaster! Opps sorry. But it would have to have to the features that make great forums great. There are alot of forums out there but not a lot of users on most of them. You need to see what the great ones offer.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:24 AM

Agreed

The forums I will be developing will match the features of the two leading forum software: Invision Power Board and vBulletin. The one s2ki uses is vBulletin.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the things I dislike about this forum is that you can't "preview" a thread before opening it up. On some of the other forums you can roll the mouse over a topic and get a little snippet of what is in the first post of the thread. That make sense?
Old 10-23-2009, 12:37 PM

Ya i get what your saying. That's a good thought, I will put that in. Thank you.

Quick Reply: Car Club Website