Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Coffee Twalk

Old 08-15-2011, 05:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How long did it take you to get the raise of $3/hr? Its not humiliation per say in this economy, especially if its a job that can fire you for no reason, but it will show they can push you around. I hate it. That's why I'm studying geology instead of something computer related which I've always had a passion for, its outsourced and my friends dad for example couldn't find any work as a game designer after working on stuff like unreal tournament because new grads are way cheaper, and computer stuff can also be outsourced. He ended up having his home foreclosed on, sounds like after a year and a half he finally found another job in Cali just now.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackBearTX
How long did it take you to get the raise of $3/hr? Its not humiliation per say in this economy, especially if its a job that can fire you for no reason, but it will show they can push you around. I hate it. That's why I'm studying geology instead of something computer related which I've always had a passion for, its outsourced and my friends dad for example couldn't find any work as a game designer after working on stuff like unreal tournament because new grads are way cheaper, and computer stuff can also be outsourced. He ended up having his home foreclosed on, sounds like after a year and a half he finally found another job in Cali just now.
It's not the same in all computer areas. We actually have a very hard time finding skilled hires when needed. Every smart company has already gone through outsourcing and found that it doesn't work. Another factor to try and aim for is having whatever product you are part of be well known to those that make the decisions. Also, make yourself irreplaceable by helping out managers for free. They never forget when you get them out of a bind or solve a problem while not even being on their team.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had no idea you could just walk into a store and buy Tannerite for $16 a pound. I did however enjoy the result of hitting it with a .223 round...

Its still a bit concerning though.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:26 AM
3en

^Yep. Its some pretty nasty stuff. We took out some appliances with a ar15 and some tannerite! Fun times.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait! Tannerite? At the store?? What store???
Old 08-15-2011, 03:27 PM

You all have used that word too much in this thread. Going to have to remove those non emmission compliant parts too, now that the feds will be salking this forum.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by averageJoe
You all have used that word too much in this thread. Going to have to remove those non emmission compliant parts too, now that the feds will be salking this forum.
I know, right? Like a dumbass I googled that stuff to find out what it is. Now I'm worried that I might get a special visit being that I've also been researching Toluene for it's octane boosting properties. Great!
Old 08-15-2011, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Boofster
Originally Posted by BlackBearTX' timestamp='1313415708' post='20878598
It's not the same in all computer areas. We actually have a very hard time finding skilled hires when needed. Every smart company has already gone through outsourcing and found that it doesn't work. Another factor to try and aim for is having whatever product you are part of be well known to those that make the decisions. Also, make yourself irreplaceable by helping out managers for free. They never forget when you get them out of a bind or solve a problem while not even being on their team.

+1

I get job offers/solicitations periodically from different recruiting companies but I enjoy where I'm at and the pay is good. The gaming industry is tough and its very limited especially when you see the app developers for handhelds eating up the market and the consoles are eating the PC Gaming industry's lunch.

Other areas like Business Intelligence / custom application development or high end graphics development can still find many jobs to choose from and still have a good future. Weather you write in open source languages or something proprietary like Microsoft/Apple, there are jobs to be had. Mainframers are dying but thats been the case for many years. If I was in the Computer Science Field, I'd stay away from gaming simply because there are not that many companies to choose from as opposed to other industries that require software development.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, if only I had the extra $$$ to pick up a new project car......
Old 08-16-2011, 06:28 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

^ I could totally see you and your mutton chops cruising through the starbucks drive through in that thing

Quick Reply: Coffee Twalk