Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Coffee Twalk

Old 05-24-2017, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1
California's Coastal Highway was buried under a landslide. 1 billion in damages.
Watched some arial video of it. That is a huge landslide. How do you even fix something like that? The coastline has to be permanently changed. Article says its still settling.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:35 AM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

They'll need to figure out how to prevent it from happening again before they can remove it in earnest. Otherwise there's extreme danger to the workers cleaning up and it stands a chance of putting them right back at square one.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:09 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

It was so hot today that my sub crapped out. Don't think it is anything serious, seemed like an overheat defense. Made a few weird noises and vibrated.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:19 PM

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Just moved to Gilbert 3 weeks ago for a new job, car has been parked in the sun with no garage as I'm looking for a house. It's been so hot my drivers side roll hoop separated.

It's been literally so hot my car is coming unglued. This is a non fixable part, $165 new, poor design by Honda and money down the toilet.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:32 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Well, welcome to AZ.. Sorry about the car. Sheet is hot here!
Old 07-25-2017, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomas Guide
Just moved to Gilbert 3 weeks ago for a new job, car has been parked in the sun with no garage as I'm looking for a house. It's been so hot my drivers side roll hoop separated.

It's been literally so hot my car is coming unglued. This is a non fixable part, $165 new, poor design by Honda and money down the toilet.

Idk man. Ive had mine for 5 yrs, only washed it twice and parked outside 24/7/365 and. I've never had an issue other than uv damage to my soft top.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by peiserg
Idk man. Ive had mine for 5 yrs, only washed it twice and parked outside 24/7/365 and. I've never had an issue other than uv damage to my soft top.

This piece is heated together at the factory and others have had this happen as well. Honda runs a wire all along the edge and then sends a current through it, heating it up to melt/fuse the two halves together. There is no other way to fix it as there are no clips or glue to bind it back, it's heat, and mine just melted apart.

I have no other explanation why my two halves separated, but it's logically the best explanation I have. It gets so hot my steering wheel feels soft and rubbery when I go to lunch, the shifter I'm unable to touch, chapstick in my center console melted into a blob and my suit bag heats up so bad the material turns so soft and thin that the zipper came off. After 13 years of ownership the car and I have never been so baking hot, track days at Willow Springs seem like an Arctic paradise compared to my first summer here...**** it's hot!

Congrats on you not having any issues tho.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:40 AM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

I would suggest a solvent type cement to try and glue them together. Something that will chemically reproduce how Honda originally bonded them together. I wish I had kept the hoops from my first car, I would have tested out some solutions. Other options are replace the hoops or zip tie the halves together.

For cutting down on the heat in the cabin, I would suggest a sun shade and having the side windows tinted with film that cuts down on UV/thermal intrusion. 3M Crystalline film is good for this: 3M™ Automotive Window Film Crystalline Series

For the sunshade, they make custom sized fold/roll up style that can be found online, or you can get the collapsible style (often marketed as Magic Shade) in the smallest size to block what comes in the windshield.

Last edited by Fokker; 08-01-2017 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:58 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Fokker
I would suggest a solvent type cement to try and glue them together. Something that will chemically reproduce how Honda originally bonded them together. I wish I had kept the hoops from my first car, I would have tested out some solutions. Other options are replace the hoops or zip tie them halves together.

For cutting down on the heat in the cabin, I would suggest a sun shade and having the side windows tinted with film that cuts down on UV/thermal intrusion. 3M Crystalline film is good for this: 3M™ Automotive Window Film Crystalline Series

For the sunshade, they make custom sized fold/roll up style that can be found online, or you can get the collapsible style (often marketed as Magic Shade) in the smallest size to block what comes in the windshield.
All reasonable solutions.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Fokker
I would suggest a solvent type cement to try and glue them together. Something that will chemically reproduce how Honda originally bonded them together. I wish I had kept the hoops from my first car, I would have tested out some solutions. Other options are replace the hoops or zip tie the halves together.

Hola. As I mentioned earlier it is not possible to glue or cement this back together, there are tons of posts on this over the years and no way to repair, every glue and vice method has been tried. Honda inserts a wire at the factory and heats it using 12 Volts or so and melts/fuses the two pieces together. If they come undone that's it. I've found one on Ebay for $75 with shipping.

For the sunshades I'm getting these as they have the side windows available:

Honda S2000 Convertible 2000 - 2009 Sunshades

Here's something new for Covfeve talk, the extreme heat killed my battery today, or helped in its demise. Growing up in Michigan I knew winters kill batteries, didn't know extreme heat does the same. AAA to the rescue. They found my alternator with a bad diode as well, but he scammed the test to show a good alternator so he could provide me a new battery. I was dead in the water, no tools, etc, so it's a lifesaving service. When I mentioned at work my battery died almost in unison everyone said something to effect of 'heat, 2 years, boiled out... etc' lol... Thankfully I'm 2 miles away from Science of Speed to get a new alternator put in next couple of days...old girl is not enjoying this heat!

Quick Reply: Coffee Twalk