Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Dyno Day: October 19, 2013 @ AZ Dyno Chip Starting at 10:00am

Old 10-04-2013, 01:07 PM

Received 312 Likes on 165 Posts
Default Dyno Day: October 19, 2013 @ AZ Dyno Chip Starting at 10:00am

I have scheduled a Dyno day for October 19th @ AZ Dyno Chip.

Several people have heard about this and inquired about possibly having their car tuned or re-tuned, so I'm making this post to address everyone. Currently I have three cars that are going to be tuned. My car, and two others. The three of us have fronted the costs to have Vitt flown into town to tune our cars. I have 6 hours of Dyno time booked starting at 10am. This is for the three of us. We might take more time, we might take less. We really won't know until we get there and see how the day is going. I will say that whatever happens this day these three cars have priority. We will not consider adding anyone else to the schedule until these three cars are completed.

If we have extra time, and Vit is willing to spend more time tuning cars I'm willing to consider adding other cars to be tuned. This will absolutely only happen if we have the time and the other three cars have been completed. In addition to whatever Vitt charges you for his services, you will need to cover your Dyno time and chip in on his travel expenses. We bought the Dyno time in a large block so the price is cheaper than a per hour basis. I can add hours to the end of our block, and if necessary they open at 9am so we could start earlier if we have to.

If you are interested in having a tune done, or just getting a dyno of your car please post here with the car you have, the modifications you have, and what you want done. I am absolutely not guaranteeing anything. I will start a list and get people on the dyno as time permits. I'm posting this up as a courtesy. If we can get other people in we will, but again the three cars mentioned above have priority.

If you would like to come and observe you are more then welcome.

I will update this thread with details as we get closer to the date, as well as with a list of who want's what done. The list will be in the order in which the posts happen, that is the only fair way I can come up with to do this.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:13 PM

Received 189 Likes on 116 Posts

I will most likely come hangout and take pictures of someone molesting your car!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:14 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

ITB's? What EMS are you running?
Old 10-04-2013, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by adrs2k
I will most likely come hangout and take pictures of someone molesting your car!
You're going to laugh when you see it on beater wheels, with an unpainted front bumper, on OEM suspension, and with no hardtop.

Originally Posted by 1nate7
ITB's? What EMS are you running?
Yes. Hayward ITB's and AEM EMS V2.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:32 PM

Received 189 Likes on 116 Posts

It will make for good pictures then!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm interested in seeing if Vit can fine tune the eTune he did for me last month, space available of course. Do you have an estimate of what it'd be to share in the costs of the travel and the dyno rental? I'll contact Vit separately for the fine-tune charge and figure out how long he thinks it might take.

Also, is this a roller or hub dyno, and does that even matter?

Either way I'll still hang out if you don't mind. Once in a lifetime opportunity to see someone else WOTing your car.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:04 PM
gnk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I'm interested in getting a tunable setup in the future, I'd like to get a dyno baseline. Obviously I don't need Vitt's time, so this is time permitting, and I could be early or late in the day.
I have a totally stock 2007. I'd also like to see what goes on with the tuning.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Flashpro dooooo it!
Old 10-05-2013, 11:27 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

I've talked to Vit for a re-tune. What's the cost like Sean mentioned? You can place me at the bottom of the list as time permits. No worries if I don't get in due to time constraints.

I understand that others with first time tunes and recent mods should have overall priority. Thanks Feezy.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:51 AM

Dyno Time is down to $100 an hour with the amount we have booked so far. I'm not sure if it goes any cheaper. I will follow up and find out on Monday.

I'm thinking a $30-$50 chip in for the travel fees would be fine. I'm looking to make money off of this, I'd just like to help offset the cost of the plane tickets.

Vit said the following in regards to tunes: "Typically I'll do $150 for n/a tunes and $200 for F/I". I'm not sure how re-tunes go.

It's a roller dyno. It doesn't really matter, the thing you should realize though is that it will read lower than a hub dyno. I'm planning on taking my car there sometime next week to get a baseline so I can directly compare it once Vit is done.

Quick Reply: Dyno Day: October 19, 2013 @ AZ Dyno Chip Starting at 10:00am