Introduce yourself here

Old 10-01-2015, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by izzyAp1
Hello westin ,welcome !!
thank you!
Old 10-02-2015, 06:18 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome to the community. See you at the drive possibly.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az
Welcome to the community. See you at the drive possibly.
I dont really know how you guys look like so say hi to me. Lol im nice. I dont bite.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome!
post anything you want, and often! we all love S2000's but need someone to help energize the conversation.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:04 PM

Hi Arizona S2KI,

I've been in the S2K scene for a while Puerto RiCo and New Nengland now looks like I'll be moving to Arizona. I'm looking for some advice about Arizona in general since I really don't know anything about it. Really looking forward to have some good feedback.

These are a couple of things that I would like to know if you can help me out, JAJAJA

Avg Car insurance premium for an S2K

Criminal incidence around the Casa Grande/Coolidge Area

Any Major weather disasters

Cost of living in general (utilities)

How is the drought affecting the area?

I have been doing my internet search but you know that it is always better to ask an S2000 owner.

Omar
Old 10-05-2015, 01:52 PM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by PRedS2K
Avg Car insurance premium for an S2K
This is going to vary widely depending on your age, driving record, ect. The best thing for you to do is call your insurance agent and run some quotes for a policy that is based off of Arizona. If your agent can't do it call any Allstate, State Farm, Farmers agent and ask them. Worse comes to worse Google some Arizona agents, explain your situation and they will help you out.

Criminal incidence around the Casa Grande/Coolidge Area
No clue. I think maybe 15 people live in Casa Grande. In all seriousness, whenever you live, get a garage.

Any Major weather disasters
Not unless you consider 120° in the middle of the summer a disaster. I do because the pool feels like a hot bathtub, and nobody likes that.

Cost of living in general (utilities)
It's pretty cheap compared to a lot of other places, specifically Casa Grand. It's kind of in the middle of nowhere.

How is the drought affecting the area?
What drought? If you're referring about the one California is having it doesn't affect us. Somehow they don't have water, but with the season changing were tearing out all the summer grass to plant winter grass. It's overtime for sprinklers right now.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:31 PM

Hi Guys,

Just a copy of my quickie intro from the main board. I'm Mikey, age 52, car guy entire life. Mostly involved with and loving Porsches, instructed for the PCA DE program for several years. My son is as bad as I am, however he always had a fast/furious streak, liked the Japanese tuner scene, and drives a Supra TT that's fairly serious; single turbo blah blah blah. Anyway we both always had an appreciation for the S2000's. I instructed and club raced Porsche 968's, a fairly comparable car. They are still fun, but are getting very long in the tooth, spendy to maintain, and fairly dated technology. The S2000 was always in the background, so after selling the last Porsche 996TT I began looking for a nice S2000. Finally found one at a local Nissan dealer and bought it. It's an absolutely pristine condition '00 model year AP1, in Silverstone metallic with just 32k miles. The car is in just incredible condition, not a scratch or ding, all original with zero modifications. Story was it was owned by a Marine officer who never drove it (obviously) and who traded it in on a Frontier of all things. Came with all books, keys, even a storage cover. Fell in love with 9000 rpm and that absolute jewel of a trans and shifter. Just a great car. Looking forward to getting to know the cars' quirks, meeting folks here on the boards and meeting some AZ folks locally and having fun in it.

Cheers
Mikey
Old 12-23-2015, 11:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome man. Congrats on the S! I drive mine every day and love every second of it!!
Old 12-23-2015, 01:38 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome Mikey!
Old 02-05-2016, 03:02 PM

Hey guys, is this thread still active?

22 currently living in north phx (Happy Valley & I17) and just bought a beautiful silver(need to learn the actual color names) 2003 with the full red interior and 73k miles. I've been a car guy trapped in a boring car for years and am beyond excited for the years to come. Looking forward to learning more about working on and maintaining the s and more so how to properly drive it. Really looking forward to meeting some of this awesome community. -Tyler

Ps I'll be going to C&C Gainey tomorrow 2/6 and possibly pavillions if anyone will be there.

Quick Reply: Introduce yourself here