Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

July 11, 2009 NASA-X Autocross @ FIR EAST

Old 06-30-2009, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default July 11, 2009 NASA-X Autocross @ FIR EAST

NASA-X
Saturday July 11th @ FIR East (morning only)

$40 for NASA members
$50 for non-members

* Run/Work event
* Min participants will be 60 (event will be canceled if I don't get at least 50)
* Max will be 80 to ensure enough runs for all
* Early start (likely do 1 parade lap between worker changeover to reduce the number of "course walks" required)
* Goal is a 20-25 second launch interval to allow for 6 runs for each entrant
* CW configuration only (we can do the CCW configuration in early Nov or mid Dec)
* NASA-X classing required as the "official" classes (because insurance is cheaper but someone else can post SCCA classing results somewhere on this board)
* Pre-registration will get preferred pricing above (onsite will be $60 for both members and non-members)
* Trophies for winners in each class

Classing: http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/n...-X_Classes.pdf
--------------------------------------------------------------
This is going to be awesome
Old 06-30-2009, 05:54 PM

This is what some of you have been waiting for....

All signed up
Old 06-30-2009, 09:11 PM

I'll sign up if I can get my car fixed by then
Old 07-02-2009, 06:18 PM

I am sharing this email I received:

I've receive quite a few questions on the event so I figured I'd send out an updated email that contains most of the relevant information needed for those interested in the event (vs making you go to a separate forum) to get the information needed.

1. Cost - $40 for NASA members / $50 for non-NASA members / $60 onsite
NOTE: Check MUST be mailed to the address noted postmarked no later than 7/8 to receive the $40/$50 pricing. Failure to mail your payment ahead of time will result in the onsite fee of $60 regardless if pre-registered or not.
NOTE: NASA membership is NOT required. If the system tries to add a $45 membership when you checkout you did something wrong (i.e. not logged in or something else funky. Clear the cart and try again).

2. Registration - I can't afford to take a loss on this event so I have to be certain that at a minimum I break even. I have negotiated with FIR to allow me until Monday morning to sign the rental agreement with them. What this means to you is I need at least 50 registrations by Monday morning or else I won't sign the agreement and I will be forced to cancel the event. I currently have 22 registrations and a LOT of interest and talk about attending. If you want your chance to autox on a road course, don't delay!
NOTE: Registration is simply showing me there are people semi committed because the cost to pre-reg is set to $0 (then you mail in a check). The reason for doing this is because there are credit card fees associated with each transaction. In the event I have to cancel the event and refund everyone's money I get wacked with credit card transaction fees going into the account and then once again going back out to everyone. I will not cash the check until I am 100% certain that the event will happen. In the event I need to cancel the event, I will simply destroy all checks and no refunds will be necessary. Yes, it's a pretty lame way to do registration, but it's simple and it will work.

3. Schedule - We will start early in hopes of finishing early before we see the heat of the day
5:00AM - Gates open (to the infield)
5:15AM - Registration & Tech
7:00AM - 1st group
7:50AM (est.) - 2nd group
8:40AM (est.) - 3rd group
9:30AM (est.) - 4th group
10:15AM (est.) - Last car
11:00 (est.) - Hoping I get some help to clean up and I am out of there by now!

4. Event format - We will run very similar to a typical SCCA event which is outlined in more detail here --> http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/n...SA-X_Rules.pdf

5. Eligibility - You need to be 18+ (16-17 okay with parental permission via notarized waiver or parent in-person at the event) with a valid state driver
Old 07-02-2009, 06:21 PM

man i would love it, i just hate beating on my car for that long, especially since its so hot. I think even if i did well i would be bothered..
Old 07-02-2009, 06:32 PM

5am, omg that sucks. Nash, the car will do fine, even if it was at 3pm.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:46 PM

Have fun, I'll be moving in to my new place.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:25 AM

hows abouts i drive yours then skibum? haha jk..maybe its just me, even when i go down to firebird on fridays i hate beating on it..especially since i hot lap for over an hour . Skibum, i officially challenge you in this NASA competition!
Old 07-03-2009, 12:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

5am! holy crap... thats my bed time.

Im pretty sure I will be there, just need make sure I can get the day off before I register.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Chico,Jul 2 2009, 09:46 PM
Have fun, I'll be moving in to my new place.
Dude....

Ill help you move if you sign up

Quick Reply: July 11, 2009 NASA-X Autocross @ FIR EAST