Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

New S2000 owner in Phoenix

Old 01-31-2017, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New S2000 owner in Phoenix

Hello Arizona. Just bought a 2003 S2K. Had it for a week now and loving it. A true blast to drive. Looking forward to being an owner for a long time. My 2003!
Old 01-31-2017, 04:13 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Looks nice!
Old 01-31-2017, 08:52 PM

Thanks Nate.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:28 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Looks like your car came with some nice tires. Also, it seems the Arizona S2000 owner page on Facebook gets more action than here so you might want check that out as well.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:23 AM

Thanks Nate. The tires on it are the Yokohama Advan Neovas AD08's. They have about 1500 miles on them so should be good for while. Will definitely check out the Facebook page. Appreciate the info!
Old 02-01-2017, 08:25 AM

BTW, you have a sweet one. Very nice indeed.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:53 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

NFR AP1's look great.

Any history on the car, where did you find it? What are your plans for the car?
Old 02-01-2017, 01:45 PM

Hi Feezy. Here is what I know of the history of the car. It appears that I am the 4th owner of it. It had 56K miles on her when I purchased it on 1/14/17. I did pull a Carfax on it and appears that each prior owner did not put any excessive miles on her for the time they each owned it. You could really tell the prior owners took very good care of her. Really in remarkable condition for it's age. Has the original rag top on it and again just about pristine condition. Mechanically the only mods is a K&N Cold Air intake. One of the prior owners installed a Viper alarm system and replaced the stock radio and speakers to an Alpine radio/CD (did not tie it into the dash controls for the radio), a powered Kenwood Sub installed in the trunk and a Passport Radar Detector. Looks like these were all done by a professional shop. Very nice work. New battery and new brakes were done shortly before I purchased it along with Yokohama Advan Neova AD08's with about 1,500 miles on them. And a little bonus of a custom fitted car cover for her. I paid 16K for her which seems to be a fair price based on condition, extra's and millage.
I found the car on Craiglist. There were a few others on Craigslist and through some local dealers too. Based on price, condition and extra's this was definitely the one.
My plans for the car. Drive it. Has been a whole different experience driving her and loving it. I am not a gear head by any stretch of the imagination but always interested in learning more about the AP1's, and welcome the knowledge sharing tips, tricks and "how to" info that others who share the passion of the S2k on this site.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:56 PM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Welcome! Nice looking car. You should be able to restore radio control pod functionality with a Modifry DCI.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

2003 - The Best Year, good pick Andy. I've had a 2000, then a 2008, and wasn't really happy with the AP2 and just had to go back to an AP1. Fortunately I found an 03 with low miles, though maybe not in as good condition as yours. I've also been a fan of Yokohama since my autocross days (wow, 40 years ago?), so they should serve you well.

I notice you have clear side markers and maybe black badges? Both are common upgrades and look great on NFR.

Things that come to mind -
  • The relays in the car tend to go bad, especially the accessory cut relay, so if you start having intermittent electrical issues do some searching on the forums for those kinds of problems.
  • You of course know about the not-so-secret "secret compartment".
  • If the battery mysteriously goes dead every now and then, suspect the ceiling light. The switch contacts wear and shed metal dust, which sticks to the grease on the contacts and effectively bypasses the switch, leaving the bulbs on really, really dim.
  • When the passenger window stops working, don't forget to check the driver's side cut-off switch. For some reason Honda wired it so it not only prevents the passenger from operating the window but locks out the driver too. An untold number of experienced owners get caught by that.
  • You can get the dash controls to work with your Alpine head unit using one of several adapters available, though of course mine is the best (sorry, couldn't resist).

Quick Reply: New S2000 owner in Phoenix