Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Are the RPF1's to played out?

Old 07-14-2010, 12:15 PM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Are the RPF1's to played out?

I am leaning on yes for this question, but I am really getting close to just buying a set. I had my heart set on another wheel, but its almost twice the cost of the Enkei's, and the fitments aren't very good. I can't seem to find a wheel that I like. Most of them are $2,000, and I dont want to spend that kind of money, especially when using them on mountain drives and trackdays.

So I need to find something light and cheap. The Enkei's fit the bill, and now I am trying to decide on a color to powdercoat them. I will only buy the wheels if I powder coat them. Rationale is they will be a little bit different from every other set out there. I have been eyeing matte gunmetal, and various blacks. Also doing my own version of a black chrome. What are peoples honest opinions? If I come out to a meet, are people going to see my car and just think....another set of RPF1's, boring and played out???

Yes I buy parts that "I" like, but I dont want to do something that everyone thinks will be plain/boring/ugly/etc....I am having a tough time making the deciscion, so maybe with the help of locals, I can pull the trigger, or just keep shopping/saving.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cue watchdog, "do what you like, look at my red rims"

and its true, don't worry if someone else doesn't like it, because you shouldn't buy it for them to look at/enjoy and you to have. you should get it for you to look at/enjoy and you to have.

you want them with bright pink PC, go for it. thats all you, and thats what makes it yours
Old 07-14-2010, 12:40 PM

RPF1's are played out, but not out of style by any means. They still look good and if you like them, as most people do, then rock them. It puts you above everyone rolling stockies.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:46 PM

Agree with 9KRDLN. Do what you like not what others like unless of course you are either

A) Trying to win a popularity contest or
B) Its someone elses money going into those wheels

If you like it a lot thats all that should matter at the end of the day. Get the Enkei wheels if thats what you like regardless of anyones opinion. I'm sure it will look good regardless.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Adam and I have had extended discussion about this before. Trust me guys, he really isn't the type of person that is concerned with what others think, I think he is just looking for opinions to help him weigh the options.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:59 PM

Yea I really dont care if people don't like what I do with my car....im just trying to get peoples opinions on the wheels. Yea they are timeless and fit perfectly on our cars....

Just trying to see what people think....I am the absolute worst person at pulling the trigger and buying things, whether it be $20 ear buds, or $1200 exhausts. It takes me weeks/months of hair pulling and back and forth to make a decsision. I used to be allowed to pick out my own birthday presents from my uncle. He would take me to Toys R Us and say, you have $100, get whatever you want. I could never decide. We would have to leave the store, go eat lunch, weigh the options, and make a decision. Still true today. Ask my GF about when she says, hey babe, where do you want to go to dinner? HAHA, she hates me sometimes.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:11 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I went RPF1, SSR Type C RS, and back to RPF1. There are at least 4 S2000's just in Tucson with RPF1's, one with my old set, but I honestly don't care. They are light, you get a nice sunk face with the 9" +45 all around, and they just seem "right" on a S2000. I have also thought about powdercoating them mag blue or doing some sort of colored spoke/polished lip combo but decided against it. Gold would be a little different but I'm not feeling it on a silver car. Matte gunmetal or even the SBC would look awesome IMO.

To answer your question, yes they are played out and you should still get them.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:47 PM

"To answer your question, yes they are played out and you should still get them. "

Well said...guess I will just get them and make them unique!

Any CO...feel free to close this thread...
Old 07-14-2010, 01:50 PM

I would pc them flat gunmetal.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:53 PM

You have the power to lock it yourself sir ( I didnt know until someone told me) Lower right corner of the page

Quick Reply: Are the RPF1's to played out?