Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Track day at Arroyo Seco Raceway May 26th!

Old 04-26-2012, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Track day at Arroyo Seco Raceway May 26th!

So I know Clint got a few of us together for the last track day last year. That was a Super Lap even with half day test and tune and then the last half was competition. Well, There is a lapping day on May 26th. This is an all day lap session so you can get all the laps you want! I will get the specific times from Roger and maybe we can even get a deal on fees if we get enough cars to go. They give a military discount for those of us who are military. These guys that run the track are really awesome and it's a great place for beginners. There is tons of sand around the track so even if you run off track (which Clint was know to do at every race lol) you will just get a little dirty if anything. The track is very laid back as is the tech inspections. I was nervous as hell last year at my first event but it quickly wore off and I had the time of my life guys. Our cars are made to track so let's do it! You should be fine even with a stock car! General rule of thumb before you go is to change your break fluid and just check general condition of your car! You also MUST have a helmet. I think you also must wear pants and not shorts but I could be wrong.If you have any questions let me know! Mods if this needs to be organized by someone else please let me know

This isn't a competition race at all. Just a full day of being able to run however many laps you want It's just testing with no winners or anything like that!

Track opens at 8am and the lapping starts at 9am. Track is open till 5PM

Pricing:

Half day is $55
Entire day is $80
Military discount I think the entire day costs around 60 bucks maybe

If you need convencing I can post pics from our last track day!!

[b]List of people going:
1.cadams05nfr --Chris
2.R00567 --Omar
3.S2KMyth (Ken)
4.Mini-F1

People that might go-pending:
1.NMRADO
2.RonnieB
Old 04-26-2012, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arroyo is a fun track, I've done 3 track days in the last two years there. Deming needs to put in some kind of main stream bar and grill, Denny's and Pizza hut weren't cutting it lol. Craziest event I did at Arroyo was a time attack after dark, this track has zero lighting and racing by just your headlights is really hard!

I won't be able to make this event though, but thanks for posting this. A track day with a bunch of S2k's would be fun.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by HWY88
Arroyo is a fun track, I've done 3 track days in the last two years there. Deming needs to put in some kind of main stream bar and grill, Denny's and Pizza hut weren't cutting it lol. Craziest event I did at Arroyo was a time attack after dark, this track has zero lighting and racing by just your headlights is really hard!

I won't be able to make this event though, but thanks for posting this. A track day with a bunch of S2k's would be fun.
Thanks for taking a look I think it's really sad that most people have no idea we have a track right in our back yard that is stupid cheap to go play at and very safe as well! I would LOVE to run that track at night! That would be amazing! They do need some type of eating places for sure. We usually grill out during the day and then after we go to Las Cruces (probably not ideal for guys driving back to Arizona) and get suhi and hang out lol
Old 04-26-2012, 05:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man i would be there if my car was going to be finished up.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:46 PM

So, is this open to anyone? Do you need a minimum number of participants to make it happen?
Old 04-30-2012, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by S2K979
So, is this open to anyone? Do you need a minimum number of participants to make it happen?
It's open to anyone. we don't need a group of people, just thought it would be a great way to get to know some other s2k owners and have a good time. It's perfect for new guys too. all you need is a safe car and some common sense of course lol. A fresh change of brake fluid and oil would be the main things I would be worried about.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:31 PM

Fun track for the s. Plus no walls. Only chances of hitting anything is if you go off track on the carousel . Even then there's lots of dirt between the track and nearest fence.

I'm thinking about going. Prob get a room at the holiday inn the night before.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by S2K979
Fun track for the s. Plus no walls. Only chances of hitting anything is if you go off track on the carousel . Even then there's lots of dirt between the track and nearest fence.

I'm thinking about going. Prob get a room at the holiday inn the night before.
You should go for sure! It is a great track lol. I saw a Viper go off in the carousel and still manage not to hit the wall...Pretty impressive haha. Let me know if you are going to go Anyone who can't make this one we may go to another track day a 2 or 3 months from now!
Old 05-03-2012, 07:30 AM

Bump! Getting my alignment today. Can't wait!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Went to a local Karting Shop this weekend to try on helmets - ordered one. It'll be in Wednesday. I'm going to try to make this happen...

Quick Reply: Track day at Arroyo Seco Raceway May 26th!