Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Working on starting a Honda/Acura repair shop

Old 04-30-2012, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Working on starting a Honda/Acura repair shop

Hi all,

I'm in the process of pooling together some resources and exceptional talent with the goal of starting a maintenance/repair shop in the North Phoenix/Scottsdale area, with the focus on Hondas and Acuras. Think of it as a service shop run by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts(as well as the general public).

I realize of course that there is already an amazing shop in the metro area that specializes in the S2000 and NSX (we all know which). However our shop would be mainly for the owner who is either on the other side of town that can't effectively make it to the far east valley in a timely manner, or who may not own an S2000 or NSX but would still like that level of service and attention to detail given to their Honda/Acura, without the high labor rates of a dealer.

Aside from labor rate, parts pricing, etc, what products and services would you want to see offered? We have some things in mind that will break the mold of the typical repair shop, but we really want to design our shop around the wants and needs of the average driver, and especially that of the enthusiast.

Please tell me what you think! We are in the early stages at the moment but are hoping to set this in motion very soon...
Old 04-30-2012, 02:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OEM parts would be nice to have competitive pricing offered where installation takes place.
This goes for other parts too I suppose.

Basically people enjoy having a one-stop shop instead of having to manage finding good deals and waiting to have stuff delivered.

Also things like tires, mounting without worrying about having your wheels damaged.

Motor oil from Amsoil, Brad Penn, stuff you have to look for.

Alignment service for lowered cars.

Maybe a rentable lift for DYI'ers who need one for the weekend in special cases (trans drop, diff service, etc.)

Maybe a self car wash area.

You can have a hang out of some kind too so meets can happen.
Not sure but sounds good.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

How about hours that people with jobs during the week can actually make without having to be late for work. Sat and sun stuff? Or even just being open till 7pm during the week?

Aside from that I think offering a mix of both general maintence and modification/aftermarket would be great. Also partner with paint and powdering coating companies where parts could be dropped off to you for refinishing at a good price because you Send them alot of business.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
How about hours that people with jobs during the week can actually make without having to be late for work. Sat and sun stuff? Or even just being open till 7pm during the week?

Aside from that I think offering a mix of both general maintence and modification/aftermarket would be great. Also partner with paint and powdering coating companies where parts could be dropped off to you for refinishing at a good price because you Send them alot of business.

FTMFW!!! So many shops only operate on a M-F range and that makes it a bitch to get things done if the week is too busy. Being open on a Sat/Sun would make your shop highly competitive if the quality of work is on par.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:12 PM

Im sure if you put a mixture with what ideas that have already been brought to you, the S2000 community would support it big time. Especially if there is people who work there that we can trust. Goodluck
Old 04-30-2012, 06:33 PM

Excellent stuff! I can see we are on the right track!

Keep the suggestions coming!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Boofster
Also things like tires, mounting without worrying about having your wheels damaged.
Or Free beer while we watch them get scratched during the mounting

On a more serious response, I think being open on Saturday is a huge plus.

One problem I see with the "rentable lift for DYI'ers" could be liability insurance.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyushin
Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn' timestamp='1335833800' post='21657419

FTMFW!!! So many shops only operate on a M-F range and that makes it a bitch to get things done if the week is too busy. Being open on a Sat/Sun would make your shop highly competitive if the quality of work is on par.
Exactly! It doesn't even have to be extreme work. Fluid changes alignments simple installs etc. i think any shop that would do this would make serious money just being open those 2 days.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:47 AM

Think you can swing having all the work and labor done by hot chicks in bikinis, and a waiting room with a really big clear glass window?

I think that will pull some business.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:56 AM
3en

Why are you wanting to do Honda/Acura as opposed to other brands?

Quick Reply: Working on starting a Honda/Acura repair shop