Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

Gran Turismo 5

Old 11-24-2010, 10:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

hahaha thanks iceman, there wasn't all too much convincing required. As soon as I started reading that stuff I was in my car to go get my own. My credit card bills this month are gonna rock, and I haven't even started christmas shopping....
Old 11-24-2010, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most ps3 save files are copy protected. But I think there is a loop hole but it would be pretty involved. External hard drive and moving files around manually.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SLracer,Nov 25 2010, 01:07 AM
hahaha thanks iceman, there wasn't all too much convincing required. As soon as I started reading that stuff I was in my car to go get my own. My credit card bills this month are gonna rock, and I haven't even started christmas shopping....
awesome congrats on the purchase sir! Report back when you have some thoughts on it!
Old 11-25-2010, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Nismo,Nov 25 2010, 01:38 AM
Most ps3 save files are copy protected. But I think there is a loop hole but it would be pretty involved. External hard drive and moving files around manually.
loop hole... I am listening
Old 11-25-2010, 04:20 PM

wish i had a ps3 so i can play this!!!
Old 11-26-2010, 10:33 AM

I've been a GT fan since the first version and have been addicted to it since the first drive. I bought a PS3 and a flat screen as soon as the PS3 was available and suffered through GT5 Prologue - English and Japanese versions, but the wait for GT5 does not live up to expectations IMHO. Having a gazillion cars doesn't make up for some seriously compromised graphics - like the shadows right before you start the race. The frangly edges are unbelievably distracting (I should mention that I'm in the CG business). And the amount of times you are watching a replay and a cameraman in the foreground appears to be made of 3 polygons, or on an overhead shot of a vehicle parts of it wink in and out. Really, this is GT 4.5, which is not bad because I loved GT4. On the upside, the Ferrari P330 has been my favorite car, bar none, for a long time. Hopefully it won't take me too long to raise the 20,000,000 credits for it. I will play this game incessantly as I have done from the start, but I think the gap to Grid, Forza, and NFS Shift is much smaller than it should have been. Just my two cents...
Old 11-27-2010, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by SimonRL,Nov 26 2010, 11:33 AM
I've been a GT fan since the first version and have been addicted to it since the first drive. I bought a PS3 and a flat screen as soon as the PS3 was available and suffered through GT5 Prologue - English and Japanese versions, but the wait for GT5 does not live up to expectations IMHO. Having a gazillion cars doesn't make up for some seriously compromised graphics - like the shadows right before you start the race. The frangly edges are unbelievably distracting (I should mention that I'm in the CG business). And the amount of times you are watching a replay and a cameraman in the foreground appears to be made of 3 polygons, or on an overhead shot of a vehicle parts of it wink in and out. Really, this is GT 4.5, which is not bad because I loved GT4. On the upside, the Ferrari P330 has been my favorite car, bar none, for a long time. Hopefully it won't take me too long to raise the 20,000,000 credits for it. I will play this game incessantly as I have done from the start, but I think the gap to Grid, Forza, and NFS Shift is much smaller than it should have been. Just my two cents...
Here is the thing with the edges. It really depends on your t.v. I've played on 2 different t.vs. one was amazing and the other all the edges were sharp. From your review I take it you haven't used the headtracking feature with a steering wheel. A guy on a different forum used it with his rig setup and it blew his mind. U can't wait to try it on a 3D t.v with a steering wheel rig and headtracking. That puts it far above the other racers
Old 11-27-2010, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Nismo,Nov 27 2010, 09:23 AM
Here is the thing with the edges. It really depends on your t.v. I've played on 2 different t.vs. one was amazing and the other all the edges were sharp. From your review I take it you haven't used the headtracking feature with a steering wheel. A guy on a different forum used it with his rig setup and it blew his mind. U can't wait to try it on a 3D t.v with a steering wheel rig and headtracking. That puts it far above the other racers
I'm playing a Samsung which is pretty good, but I'll take it down my Dad's and check it out on his 53in. I'm downloading the second update right now, maybe I need to check the display settings. Thanks.

I'd love to try the head tracking. I've used it on flight sims in the past and it's pretty amazing.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:20 AM

Just saw GT5 running on 120hz and wow. Looks even better. Sadly the Sony store didn't have it on a 3D t.v but I did play Wipeout HD in 3D and OMG.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:40 PM

Hmmm now I wanna check it out on my 120 and see what this game brings to the table. Very tempted to play it

Quick Reply: Gran Turismo 5