Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

New Owner: From Charlotte, NC To NW, AR

Old 12-23-2014, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner: From Charlotte, NC To NW, AR

Hey guys! Thanks to "kent2" I have found the local forum. I just joined the site, so I wasn't aware we had a dedicated local space. I have posted my original site introduction below. I'm looking forward to getting to know the local S2 community! The BMT looks pretty cool, so I'll keep a look out.

"Hey guys! I've been trolling the forum for the last few months trying to learn the car, while actually looking for "the" car to purchase. I got really lucky and found a single owner '03 AP1 with 40k miles, completely stock. I've owned the car for 2 weeks and I still get excited to take a peek in the garage everyday after work. Fortunately the car will not be a daily driver, so it won't see any rainy days and I'll be able to keep the miles low. I do have a lot of plans for the car, and I'll be starting a build thread for anyone to follow. I intend to provide reviews for every item I purchase, so hopefully that will help some of you guys decide on future purchases.

If you guys have any questions for me, just let me know. I'm 31 years old, and as stated in the title, moved from Charlotte to Arkansas. I'm excited to join the community!

Intended Build Title: Clean & Tidy - CrewC23"
Old 12-24-2014, 05:31 AM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Welcome!! Whereabout in NW AR?
Old 12-24-2014, 11:26 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

CrewC23, Welcome to NW Arkansas and the S2000 community! I live in Newton County, Arkansas just off Hwy 7 and own an 02 Supercharged S2000 with a little less than 52k miles.
Jerome
BMT Staff
Old 12-24-2014, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by JulieU
Welcome!! Whereabout in NW AR?
I actually live in the Rogers/Bentonville area. I have been planning to check out Tulsa, but the weather hasn't been great. I actually have an Arrow X2 race kart, and plan on running at the Tulsa Kart Club. I miss the facility in Charlotte (GoPro Motorplex), but oh well.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by jmoore2k
CrewC23, Welcome to NW Arkansas and the S2000 community! I live in Newton County, Arkansas just off Hwy 7 and own an 02 Supercharged S2000 with a little less than 52k miles.
Jerome
BMT Staff
That's awesome! How does the car run with FI? Any FI plans would be far down the road for me. I already have a long list of parts just to get the base setup how I want.
Old 12-25-2014, 03:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the forum and to NW AR. You are going to LOVE the car in the NW AR area. I have an '06 AP2 in New Formula Red down in Fayetteville. Lots of roads to run and 2x a year the BMT is held. This is a must-do for anyone with an S2K. It is usually held in late March/early April and late October/early Novemeber. Just watch this forum for the annoucement.

Some roads I suggest you check out are Hwy 62 to Eureka Springs, Hwy 23 out of Eureka down to Ozark (a section of this road is called the Pig Trail, very twisty), Hwy 16, Hwy 123 and if you get near Harrison, Hwy 341 also known as Push Mountain Road. There are a lot more, buy you can have the fun of finding them! And don't forget southern Missouri too.

Scott
Old 12-25-2014, 05:34 AM

CrewC23, As many S2000 owners have found the twisty roads in NW Arkansas via the BMT, you have moved to one of the very best sports car driving areas in the world.
My S2000 is boosted to 7 psi using a Paxton supercharger with an after cooler. Rear wheel H.P. is 310 when engine making 8,800 rpm. That is about 110 rwhp over stock. Lost around 1 mpg overall, but really love the 7.8 lbs per hp performance. I bought a used set of AP2 wheels that are 17" diameter with 1/2" wider front wheels and 1" wider rear wheels. With Bridgestone PP S-04 tires (225 on front and 255 on rear) the car handles neutral in curves. Perhaps you would be interested in an introduction to the excellent mountain roads in and around Newton County. I am willing to show them to you in our S2000 cars. PM me your telephone number, and I will provide my number as to set a date, time and place to meet.
Jerome
BMT co-organizer/BMT staff
Old 12-26-2014, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by CrewC23
I have been planning to check out Tulsa, but the weather hasn't been great.
You're not missing out on anything.

Originally Posted by riderguy57
Some roads I suggest you check out are Hwy 62 to Eureka Springs, Hwy 23 out of Eureka down to Ozark (a section of this road is called the Pig Trail, very twisty), Hwy 16, Hwy 123 and if you get near Harrison, Hwy 341 also known as Push Mountain Road. There are a lot more, buy you can have the fun of finding them! And don't forget southern Missouri too.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lots of great roads north of the state line too!

Hwy 90 from Jane to Washburn is fun, Hwy 86 from Cassville to Eagle Rock is a nice one too, many others to list

I have an itch to get out on the road once the weather dries out..... Let me know if you want to go for a cruise
Old 12-28-2014, 07:05 AM

kent2, More sport cars the better!
Jerome

Quick Reply: New Owner: From Charlotte, NC To NW, AR