Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

Newbie from Magnolia, Arkansas....

Old 06-13-2002, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie from Magnolia, Arkansas....

Hey, gang. Keith DuPriest here, from Magnolia, Arkansas. Just got registered and logged in - this looks like an excellent website someone has put up. Kudos to whomever that may be. I was actually in Shreveport at the time of the first meeting, but coincidentally was with my mother in the hospital, and she was discharged right at 1:30pm, and needed to get her home to Magnolia. Motorcycling buddy of mine from Magnolia, who also has an S2000 was there, Carl Burdine, and updated me on what was going on. Of course, the next meeting was in Bryan/CS, so had to miss that one, but I fully intend to make the (recently moved) meeting on the 23rd, if that is still on. I haven't had time to thoroughly access all the info on the site yet, but one quick question: is there an aftermarket set of fog/driving lights that are available for these cars? I just hate that rubbered out nothing below the headlamps, and could definitely go for some cool driving lights.

Oh, almost forgot - I've got the Silverstone Metallic/Red combo on my 2000 S2000. Love the car, but have given serious thought to the CompTech Supercharger kit to boost 'er up to 340 hp. Anybody (of course you have) done this? I know it's mighty expensive (last time I looked it was around $4k), but it's by far the cheapest dollar/hp mod I've seen. I'm either going that way, or keeping the car stock, and finding some way to get my hands on a '95 - '96 Viper as a second sport ride. Now that WOULD be two different kinds of performance! Revver-upper vs torque-killer!

Didn't mean to ramble on, but really looking forward to finally getting to make my first meeting. Intend to be there in Shreveport on the 23rd. By the way - do y'all eat at the meeting, or do most eat before getting to Superior?

Sorry for the "short novel", but hey - I am a newbie, right?
Old 06-13-2002, 12:42 PM

Welcome to the club. We look forward in meeting you next weekend during the fun run to Jefferson.

P.S. Try to keep up with us, Carl was not able to last time
Old 06-13-2002, 12:58 PM

No kidding (not keeping up) - he was singing the blues when he got home about getting stuck at the turn signal, whilst the rest of yas whipped on past, and headed to the Viper Club rally. Oh, yeah, he was mightily unhappy about missing out on seeing the Vipes - but once he was stuck, there was no catching ya'll and he didn't know how to get there.

Just for the record, catch Carl on his BMWR1200 and you won't have to worry about his being "left behind"

Look forward to meeting y'all....
Old 06-13-2002, 01:27 PM

Glad to have you aboard !!! Holmes Honda is located on Bert Kouns off Youree Drive.
I will post a map online soon and will include maps in our newsletter from now on.
Now that I have your info I will send you out a newsletter tomorrow. I am a fellow
Harley rider also !! My partner has a 1995 Black Viper that is pretty cool and moves !!!
We will eat in Jefferson at Auntie Skinners for lunch. Should be back by 4pm or so.
Since you ride bikes there you know the drill. If you look online you will see some neat
fog light installs. Do a search in forums. Look forward to meeting you.

LAS2K
Old 06-13-2002, 01:43 PM

Honda oddysey fog lights will fit in the air ducts opening. they require some work though.
Old 06-13-2002, 01:46 PM

Excellent - I do know Shreveport fairly well, but having a specific route map will be even better, so I won't be late

Just so happens I just got through reading the threads about the Odyssey and other fog lamps, particularly the stuff done by Rick. Wow. That's some really nice work. I'll have to do a lot more reading up before I could jump in on a project like that - but it would be worth it.....

Looks like we've got similar tastes - S2000's, Lexus GS430/BMW 540i, Harleys, possible Vipers - ah, those toys! I almost cried when I saw a '96 Blue/White racing stripes Viper GTS go off at $48,600 on eBay about 3 months ago. Only 8,000 miles on it, immaculate. I had been researching them, and I knew that was a great price, but just couldn't justify "another" expensive machine. But it WILL be in my future - even if I have to work up a time-share scenerio. I figured this up once. With insurance, depreciation, and maintenance, 4 people could own a '96 Viper with low miles for about $200/mo per person total per year of ownership. Of course, there would be about a $12.5K up front expense, but after a year (or two) the monthly amount figures out to be about right - and the 4 people could each have the car for the equivalent of 3 months, drawn out by vote in 2-week periods or some such. Anyway, just some thoughts I'd had.....