Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

ARRRRGH CLUTCH AGAIN!

Old 03-28-2006, 03:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARRRRGH CLUTCH AGAIN!

Hey guys,

Farked my clutch again. Driving home tonight stopped for petrol. Well there were a couple of pumps out and the petrol prices were pretty cheap so every man and his dog was trying to fill up. 20 mins later I left the servo in a bit of a hurry and tried to change into 2nd and couldnt get out of 1st. I pulled up at the lights and had to turn the car off to get it out of gear. NRMA (no real motoring aptitude?) was called and all they said was the cluth was stuffed and I needed to get towed.

My issue is I cant get the car into any gear when the engine is running. If i turn the engine off it will go into gear. Clutch pedal feels normal with the normal engagement point toward the top of the pedal. Any ideas guys? Is it something simple such as the clutch cylinder or have I royaly stuffed it and need a new clutch?

Oh thanks to Billy for stopping when he saw me stranded by the side of the road.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:18 PM

So with the car on... the clutch pedal is still fine? Theres clutch fluid in the master cylinder??
Have you tried to shift on an angle?
Push down on the selector while trying to shift?
Weird noises?
Old 03-28-2006, 12:25 PM

Yeah even with the car on the clutch pedal feels normal. Yep there is fluid in the clutch cylinder..... No wierd noises at all. What do you mean by trying to shift on an angle? Im just about to head down to the car. Was left a few blocks down the road. Hope its still there......
Old 03-28-2006, 12:54 PM

i meant have you tried to jiggle it into 2nd??
Have you tried to start the car in 2nd and take off from there?
Old 03-28-2006, 01:29 PM

no worries Blk, im sure you would have done the same thing for a fellow member (i really stopped because i thought u were getting pizza)

just with what your saying, ive spoken to a few people and it sounds to them like its your clutch, the reason you cant get it into gear is because the pressure plate is gone. bad news but from my collegues point of view it sounds like youve blown it!! if its any consolation, it doesnt sound like its affected your gearbox in anyway.

the only way to be sure is to take it to a mechanic to get checked out.

PM me if you need a referral. as mentioned last night, i got mine done at good performance, but you can also do it hannys, my gfs uncle works there.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:29 PM

Yeah I tried jiggling it in.... even pushing down on the gear stick. I also tried starting it in gear which didnt work either.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:51 PM

hahaha that all sounds too painful! stop it already!

speak to vinny at good performance and get him to quote you before getting it towed, hes told me $1800 for a replacement OEM 02 clutch. ask about getting your flywheel machined at the same time if you need to, and if it does you can ask them to incorporate that in the $1800.

REV29K, do you remember how much you paid for your clutch to get fixed at hannys?

You might want to speak to Robert at hannys just to be sure your getting the best deal.

Goodluck!
Old 03-28-2006, 02:34 PM

dam blk2000
sorry to hear bro . yeah , hope its nothing major
Old 03-28-2006, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by pechs2k,Mar 28 2006, 02:51 PM
REV29K, do you remember how much you paid for your clutch to get fixed at hannys?

You might want to speak to Robert at hannys just to be sure your getting the best deal.

Goodluck!
I paid $1800 cash for the job.

It was OEM with all new hardware i.e. clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, bearings & whatever else is associated with the clutch.

It took them a few hours to do and i had my car back the same day.
Hanny's always gets the from me when it comes to Hondas
Robert & Peter will look after you

blk2000
It would be a good idea to ring them and explain to them what happened to your car as they may be able to diagnose the problem over the phone

They may know what it could be....if not then theres no harm in asking anyways

Goodluck mate
Old 03-28-2006, 03:29 PM

I rang Hanny`s. They are going to do it for $1800.... Including new flywheel etc. Spoke to Robert and he said it sounds like its definetly gone. Im going to take it to Hanny`s as Ive always had my cars serviced there for the last few years. They did a great job on my CRX and saved me loads and I never had any troubles. Thanks for all your help.

Quick Reply: ARRRRGH CLUTCH AGAIN!