Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Aus S2KI O.G's

Old 09-24-2016, 01:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stanley
What a surprise to log on here after so much time and see this post 'Where are they now'...nice that you put this up S2o0o even though it was August 2014...and I even see that I got a mention!...always think about you guys..and girls.. and wonder where you all are after all this time...always wondered if I would knock into you somewhere, AusS2000... I'm still here and not in a nursing home yet but still spend every day with my wife Kris and doing our bird shows in nursing homes for animal therapy and taking photos...and motor racing photography..busier now then ever before and the older I get the less hours in the day..

Still got my S2000 (Build date June '99 and 103 thousand k's) and will attach a photo here I took when I went for my usual drive and surf at Austinmer south of Sydney last week...and of course if you notice the number plate, I turned 70 last year..I still have to think hard about that...ah well, age is only relevent if you're a bottle of wine or a block of cheese..well, apart from the new titanium hip and the prostate radiation..

Every now and then I think about some great little drives we did..and all those names on the list at the start of this page..someone called me 'Tail-gunner' cos I was always slow and down the back of the field...taking my time and enjoying the scenery..

Car might be lucky to get out of the garage once a week these days and took your advice ages ago AusS2000 and got a trickle charger...but still puts a BIG smile on my dial when I get it out for a run...the S2k that is..
Good grief!!..it's way past my bed time...was fabulous to log on and see this posting and would love to catch up again one day..those names on the list came flooding back.
Many cheers and will get on here tomoz and see if I hear from anyone...take care...John 'S'
So nice to hear from you. Is Mrs Stanley still on TV these days?

Don't feel bad about the new titanium hip. I've done mine too (through arthroscope), and I'm 27! It can't stop me from driving a manual

I was on these boards at 13 talking to all you old blokes. No parent would let their kids do that these days. Haha!

I miss the boards here so much. You guys grew me up. I hope to bump into you someday too.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow..that was a surprise to hear from you..hardly ever get the chance to get on here and suddenly get a posting notice...still remember you as the youngster with all the questions..and great to hear from you
Yep..Mrs Stanley still does the occasional TV stuff....
Hope you're behaving yourself...and we taught you some stuff along the way and didn't lead you astray

So nice to hear from you. Is Mrs Stanley still on TV these days?

Don't feel bad about the new titanium hip. I've done mine too (through arthroscope), and I'm 27! It can't stop me from driving a manual

I was on these boards at 13 talking to all you old blokes. No parent would let their kids do that these days. Haha!

I miss the boards here so much. You guys grew me up. I hope to bump into you someday too.
[/quote]
Old 09-24-2016, 06:08 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow S2o0o, I didn't realise you were so young when you first joined. You're posts certainly didn't reflect it.

I do hope nothing I said led you astray too much.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty quiet on the S2ki Oz Forum these days.

Funny to look back now - in 2017 - and see myself as one of the earlier members. At the time I joined I felt way behind the times.

For any of the old crew, a fun fact - I've recently discovered that @fireball and I have both purchased Focus RSs. If anyone else has done the same, come on over to focusrs.org and holler.

FD
Old 05-17-2017, 06:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow...Fisty...a blast from the past!!...those were fun times and drives we had...always remembered you as one of the gang up front and into it....I was the tail end gunner...I still have my S2k but doesn't get out much and don't really hit this forum unless I get a message that someone has posted into one of my posts...hope all is good..

JS
Old 05-18-2017, 01:38 PM

Hey John! Life is what happens while you're not watching - I'm now 40s, two kids, driving a SUV and building a house in inner Brisbane. And you know what, it's all good. Although if a good AP2 hit the market I'd be very seriously tempted!

Great to hear you still have yours. Do it a favour and stretch its legs this weekend. It's probably getting bored.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:39 PM

FD! you're in Brisbane these days? Last I recall you lived in Sydney.

Does Fireball still have his track S?

good luck with the build and might see you around one day
Old 06-03-2017, 12:01 AM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile Well lookie lookie who's chimed in....

Originally Posted by fisting dwarves
Pretty quiet on the S2ki Oz Forum these days.

Funny to look back now - in 2017 - and see myself as one of the earlier members. At the time I joined I felt way behind the times.

For any of the old crew, a fun fact - I've recently discovered that @fireball and I have both purchased Focus RSs. If anyone else has done the same, come on over to focusrs.org and holler.

FD
LOL hows this I was unsubscribing from S2ki classifieds and decided to take a peak in Aus NZ forum, thinking meh it'll be out dated... very surprised to see FD, Fireball, And Do$tyle posts... We should catch up sometime Warwick I'm still GC.
"Although if a good AP2 hit the market I'd be very seriously tempted!" ..... let me tempt you!!! I have just listed my SSM MY06 in the Honda S2000 Aus S2K FB Classifieds.
Facebook Post

Last edited by xoz; 06-03-2017 at 12:04 AM.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:11 PM

Oh no Robin. What are you doing?

I hope the next owner keeps it in the same nic that you do.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:07 PM

@xoz, just saw your post and looked for your car but no dice. Have you sold it already?

@Do$tylz, yep back in Brisvegas after ten years in the big smoke.

Maybe we can all try getting together in approx October, with @fireball too? I thought my Focus was likely to arrive in the near term but it is now looking more like a three month wait...

Quick Reply: Aus S2KI O.G's